Gold bug 2 (analog)

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's less than 50% of the cost when new. Question is, does it work, and what kind of condition is it in.

Also, you're in Fla....are there gold nuggets to be found there?

OP
OP
detectorcowboy

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
It's less than 50% of the cost when new. Question is, does it work, and what kind of condition is it in.

Also, you're in Fla....are there gold nuggets to be found there

Also, you're in Fla....are there gold nuggets to be found there?
It's in mint condition and it works like it should, there is gold on the beaches if you haven't heard, wonder how it would work in wet salt sand?
It's supposed to work in mineralized ground, right? Wet salt sand is mineralized ground right?

Last edited:

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is the coil epoxy filled? If not the older foam-filled coils tend to get out of tune and need to be manually adjusted.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How does one manually adjust it by sending it to fisher?
That or a general detector repair tech. But to do it the cheap way, get (or borrow) several natural gold nuggets around .15 grams and see if the detector beeps on the nuggets.

Once I found a 90's era Tesoro gold machine in good condition on eBay, but it wouldn't beep on any metal. So I called Tesoro and they offered to take a look at it. Over time getting banged around and being in the hot sun made the coil out of tune, so they had to pop the coil housing open and trim the wires.

Last edited:
OP
OP
detectorcowboy

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
That or a general detector repair tech. But to do it the cheap way, get (or borrow) several natural gold nuggets around .15 grams and see if the detector beeps on the nuggets.

Once I found a 90's era Tesoro gold machine in good condition on eBay, but it wouldn't beep on any metal. So I called Tesoro and they offered to take a look at it. Over time getting banged around and being in the hot sun made the coil out of tune, so they had to pop the coil housing open and trim the wires.
I have a real small piece of 18k earring and it sounds off on it?
Would a very tiny meteorite work it's not gold but it's metal?

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a real small piece of 18k earring and it sounds off on it?
Would a very tiny meteorite work it's not gold but it's metal?
That should work just fine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread