Gold bug 2

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Gold Bug II, Whites TRX Pointpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a gold bug 2 at the pawn shop today. I turned it on and played with it for a few minutes. Everything seemed to work. I asked what they would take for it. They said $200. I said hang on to it, I'll be right back with the cash. This won't be my first metal detector, but it will be my first gold detector. My other machine is a V3i and have had no luck finding gold with it yet. I'm already thinking of my next gold prospecting trip. I just need to pickup some good headphones.

There is a small issue with the gold bug 2. It appears the main housing is semi permanently attached to the shaft. I can't tell if the detectors housing is broken, or even if I want to try to undue someone's repair.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If it's in good shape, that price is a steal.
Jim

OP
OP
TrinityBigfoot

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Gold Bug II, Whites TRX Pointpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I played with it for 1 sweep yesterday before it started raining. I was able to ground balance it. It was very quiet after the ground balance. I think I'm going to get a chance to use it for a few hours today if the rain holds up.

Koffee

Dec 9, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2 x2 , Garrett 250, GTX 3030, CZ20, Excal, Minelab 2200, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one of my favorite machines for detecting in trashy areas and for prospecting areas that have been hit very hard. The only problem people have had, is it can be tricky to ground balance until you get used to it.

Nice Buy

Cheers - Koffee

Mike RB.

May 27, 2013
Dodge City, Ks
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT, Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is one of my favorite machines for detecting in trashy areas and for prospecting areas that have been hit very hard. The only problem people have had, is it can be tricky to ground balance until you get used to it.

Nice Buy

Cheers - Koffee

Hi Koffee: I've been using a Whites XLT for many years and recently my wife bought me (since I go to Colorado prospecting for gold) a GB2. Outside of keeping the thing ground balanced, any tricks for using it in an old school yard or park?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread