Gold Bug Pro DP.

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
I recently changed coils on my Gold Bug Pro DP ( small coil) and now I have no sound. I put my old coil back on (large coil)and still no sound now...... this coil was working fine until I changed it. Wish I hadn't now. The battery is good and so is the connection to the box. Has anybody ever had this problem? ANY help would be greatly appreciated.....thanks.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unplug the coil, lick the tip of your finger, and poke it in the coil connector with the machine turned on. It should beep and bonk. If it does, the detector is probably working and something is wrong with the coil. If it does not, then something has happened inside the detector. I'm guessing that because 2 coils are failing, either something happened to the coil connector or the circuit suddenly decided to croak. None of that seems likely to me, so I'm a little stumped.

Try plugging in a coil but don't screw down the retainer ring. With the unit on, try wiggling the connector and see if it complains.

OP
OP
tennessee digger

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Unplug the coil, lick the tip of your finger, and poke it in the coil connector with the machine turned on. It should beep and bonk. If it does, the detector is probably working and something is wrong with the coil. If it does not, then something has happened inside the detector. I'm guessing that because 2 coils are failing, either something happened to the coil connector or the circuit suddenly decided to croak. None of that seems likely to me, so I'm a little stumped.

Try plugging in a coil but don't screw down the retainer ring. With the unit on, try wiggling the connector and see if it complains.
Thanks for your post Carl. I'll try it.

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
Try removing the battery. Turn machine on and your gain to 6 for about 10 seconds. Turn machine back off. Reinstall battery making sure it's turned the right way and then try again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread