OP
MichiganRob

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
BTW

If I find one of his hidden caches you won't be reading it in The New York Times as I'm sure these two youngsters did not get to keep the loot.

I live in this town and I never heard anything about it and it was just 3 months ago ???

HH
MichiganRob

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that article is a little older than 3 months. Published: January 2, 1895....but nice lead to check out still. You never know.
Al

OP
OP
MichiganRob

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
1895 oh no!

I guess I should have scrolled down to the bottom...LOL

HH
MichiganRob

drywasher

Feb 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If GOLD was found there once.......you can bet they didn't get it all. go spend the summer get to know every tree,hill,ditch,rock in the area,
after you learn the area you will be able to look at it thru the eyes of the person that wanted to hid things and then you will find the good stuff.
this is the method i use and it has served me well in regard to finding caches.
respectfully george

wanting rings

Aug 9, 2014
Muskegon
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro(main), White's adjustable sand scoop, Bounty Hunter quick Draw(back up 1), Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250(kids), & a tracker IV(Kids)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any Luck yet? I hear the area is pretty torn up already. I have even driven by but the apt complex across the street is always packed in the parking lot and really haven't pushed my luck. Alot of area in that neighborhood to check that could be very beneficial if a group could go in at one time for a big hunt. Not the best idea for any one person to play around with if you know what I mean.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any Luck yet? I hear the area is pretty torn up already. I have even driven by but the apt complex across the street is always packed in the parking lot and really haven't pushed my luck. Alot of area in that neighborhood to check that could be very beneficial if a group could go in at one time for a big hunt. Not the best idea for any one person to play around with if you know what I mean.

This is good advice. I dont care if your name is Dirk Pitt, no treasure is worth your life.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Got permission? A launch near my old neighbor hood would allow water access and better yet, a way to leave.
Slide in early on a week day morning and check it out.

wanting rings

Aug 9, 2014
Muskegon
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro(main), White's adjustable sand scoop, Bounty Hunter quick Draw(back up 1), Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250(kids), & a tracker IV(Kids)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got permission? A launch near my old neighbor hood would allow water access and better yet, a way to leave.
Slide in early on a week day morning and check it out.

not a bad idea. If it were to happen, a group of 5+ would be the way to do it. small enough to share/split but not to many to draw to much attention. Are you to from muskegon?

wanting rings

Aug 9, 2014
Muskegon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Lived a dozen years there ,say near Laketon schools. Plat books come out every few years listing owners of properties in townships. Tax records exist at township halls for individual properties telling who paid taxes last. Often when asked politely and without treasure being mentioned a phone number can be obtained,or a last known address of the owner of "a property you have interest in.." Imagine it is all private near water. Permission being asked does not need to include an offer to split with owner on hunters behalf or suggest anything unusual is there. If owner brings it up shoot low offer. Should the owner suspect a cache why did he,she, they not attempt a recovery?If they suspect one is there then they need to be there when site is searched or how will they believe it if you find nothing of value? The world is full of tales and few finds. "Just looking around the water and there is plenty of shoreline if it upsets you getting only a quarter of my nails and normal junk. I do want the first square nail though if there is no more alright? If a one in a crazy low odds valuable find occurs the person who made it possible should always see an improvement for themselves from it of course. But a recovery must be made by their help first." One search site the permission granter brought it up not me, and wanted half the jar of gold.(What?) I countered with ,fine but I get to keep the jar!. No recovery of a jar of gold and not what the site request was for but saw an old timer detecting there a while ago from a distance. May have been the permission giver....:icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread