gold deposit

Den Franklin

Tenderfoot
Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a very rich hard rock gold deposit. Unfortunately it is a mile inside a Wilderness area of the Wenatchee National Forest in Washington state and they tell me it can't be claimed. Can anyone give me any suggestions? There is visible gold in the rocks and the site is quite extensive. Other than backpacking out the surface rocks I have no idea how to get at this gold that is just sitting there.

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One ounce at a time. I'm sure you can carry a few pounds of Gold out of those hills. At todays prices especially.

I have found a very rich hard rock gold deposit. Unfortunately it is a mile inside a Wilderness area of the Wenatchee National Forest in Washington state and they tell me it can't be claimed. Can anyone give me any suggestions? There is visible gold in the rocks and the site is quite extensive. Other than backpacking out the surface rocks I have no idea how to get at this gold that is just sitting there.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Helicopter. .lol!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree that packing it out is your best choice! You want to leave as little evidence as possible trail-wise leading to and from the deposit. Don't tell anyone, sell it in another city to an Assayer, use different routes to and from selling it as well as to and from the deposit. It would also be a good idea to get a pistol or revolver and get a carry permit. If you don't do these things, someone or many folks will try to follow you and may even try to rob you or even kidnap you until you give up the location or even worse. Back in the mid-1800's a gentleman discovered a Gold and Silver deposit in the mountains somewhat near here, once the word got out, every low-life in the country would try to follow him to his' mine. However, he was smart and led many of them on wild goose chases and they never located his' mine.

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Den Franklin

Tenderfoot
Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice. Because it is pretty remote, difficult to get to and only open 3 or 4 months of the year I was thinking of getting some pack mules and a crew of guys to go in over a 3 or 4 day period and take what we can out of the location. However, I don't really know what kind of equipment is permitted and once the location is known I would have no rights to the minerals in the discovery.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your taking a cell phone in with you or any e-device that works in there you may want to remove the batteries when you get with in a few miles of your find. Those things can track even when turned off.
Be safe & Best of luck!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the advice. Because it is pretty remote, difficult to get to and only open 3 or 4 months of the year I was thinking of getting some pack mules and a crew of guys to go in over a 3 or 4 day period and take what we can out of the location. However, I don't really know what kind of equipment is permitted and once the location is known I would have no rights to the minerals in the discovery.

You might want to re-think that! First of all, I am pretty sure that all National Forests are under pretty much the same rules Nationwide and without being able to file a Claim and/or not having a Claim, there is a daily or visit or yearly limit poundage-wise I believe on how much material (i.e. Gold, Gold in host rock, Gems or other minerals) can be removed. I cannot remember the exact amount but I am sure that there are very knowledgeable and experienced TNnetters that have the answer. However, I will try to find the information in the meantime. Also, too many folks have disappeared to never be seen again when they took on partners or hired a crew to extract Gold and bring it out to be sold. Gold Fever seems to take over too many clear thinking folks and cloud their' judgement. Good luck in whatever you decide to do and actually do but overall, be safe and don't be naive and make mistakes!

Frank

Last edited:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a brother or a long time trusted friend - maybe you take on a partner -( I think this is a solo job ). Take all the aforementioned
precautions - I too think you should have a legal firearms carry permit , and no how to use it . also make sure that every time you go
remote , you tell a trusted loved one or family member of your whereabouts before you go ! Do bother to supply yourself with sufficient
water , firemaking tools , and other potentially life saving gear - (first aid gear - gps locator - cell phone etc.) Sounds like a no brainer,
but more often than not - it's the very common stuff that gets people into trouble in the back country - getting lost , dehydrated ,
etc.

Last edited:

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the same thread as g get a hint and read. ghahh..... got good gold Don't Advertise it. Just get it. Wilderness area or not~ *hrumph*

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the same thread as g get a hint and read. ghahh..... got good gold Don't Advertise it. Just get it. Wilderness area or not~ *hrumph*
. You are right why tell any one why put it in a treasure site … Well like i say a lot of people never know when to keep silent ..you know keep there mouth shut..

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BLAH Keppy, duhn seen anuff gold madness to drive a man, or women*gotta be pc* ta drink mate'ey.
Geht two her an get her done. Only one whay to make der gold an dats to get down to 'er. Aie!

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One mile is not remote! three to four months, that is plenty of time.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be honest and leave it be. It's in a National Forest.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be honest and leave it be. It's in a National Forest.

I totally agree with those who say... WHY ADVERTISE THIS??? And this is a solo job. And 1 mile (give or take 1) is NOT remote. And yes you need that carry permit and don't make it all show and no-go. Know how to use it. Leave the electronics behind in a ziplock by entry to forest or area. Have wife or FRIEND drop you off. Hell... take a taxi. And just because the Govt. declared this area a "National Forest" does not lead anyone to be "honest" when talking about rocks. With that thinking if someone found 100+ gold coins in a National Forest he should be "honest" and leave them? I know I'd be taking my chances and sign up for this felony any day. If your serious about having found this gold you've already said to much. Shut it down.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
What an exciting and lucrative adventure awaits you. This is the thing dreams are made of. But you have to be smart about it. Personally I have no interest in material wealth, having been blessed by all the riches of heaven. Still, I feel I may be able to assist you in recovering the gold. Contact me. Heh, heh, heh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread