Gold Dollars

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for advice,

I have about 1k in Presidential Dollars or Sacagewa Dollars... Is it worth my time on ebay or should I just dump (teller or machine?) them to increase my bank roll?

I have kept a roll of each for completed roll set but I have too many extras just sitting around...

Thanks!

PS I will not trade 4 for an iPad but thanks for thinking of it!

Upvote 0

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
List on Craigslist and ebay. Start it at 1100.00 free shipping and let it go from there. Thats what I would do

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh do people actually pay over face for those little brass dollar coins?

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Gosh do people actually pay over face for those little brass dollar coins?

Yep. Lots of people do. eBay is the best place to dump the coins. I see listings where people post $100 boxes of nickels "unsearched" with claims of saying War nickels and buffalo nickels and v nickels can be found and such" for $149.99. It wasa fixed price listing, and 3 people bought into it.

Last edited:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I so sick and tired
My car trunk is mired
Its mired with clad coin
wish it was alloy mang
Alloy with ag
Clang like its angle dust
Old with a black crust

Sorry to derail brass $1 coin talk. Took me time to get the nerve to press submit. Please enjoy the rhymn.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn thats crazy. I turned down $1200 of the stupid things from a bank who thought they were ikes. I guess I dont have time to deal with the ebay thing.

db23

Mar 18, 2011
List on Craigslist and ebay. Start it at 1100.00 free shipping and let it go from there. Thats what I would do
This is a horrible suggestion. Listing on Feebay for $1100 with free s/h would equal an instant loss if they sold for that price.

$1100 - 9% = $1001 (That's just the Feebay fees before you pay for their free shipping and assuming they don't use paypal)

OP
OP
CRHQueen

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a horrible suggestion. Listing on Feebay for $1100 with free s/h would equal an instant loss if they sold for that price.

$1100 - 9% = $1001 (That's just the Feebay fees before you pay for their free shipping and assuming they don't use paypal)

Don't forget the paypal fees... I think I may sell a few GW, John Adams, Abe and Jefferson rolls to a coin dealer who buys them for $37 then dump the rest.

Thanks for all the advice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread