leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
i was looking at gold videos on you tube and found this.
I'm not sure if this has been posted here before or if you have seen it.

Gold Fever- Wild Justice S02E05

from the original poster: (A side note: these fish, swimming sideways in footage at the beginning, had been used on several other segments of this hour long National Geographics tv series. Watch the full episode and see for yourself. Mining was not the cause of these dying fish.)

it's sickening the way the California government has made gold miners into criminals.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ooh evil the rocks are clean of moss...massive eviromental damage..

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know all fish cops arn't stupid, but Jerry Carnow makes California fish cops look look like a bunch of stupid yayhoos.

sidvail

Jan 11, 2013
Cottonwood, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Was that just about the dredging? He said illegal mining before he ever saw the dredge. Was he thinking no permits or claim jumping?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Why the shot of dead fish? I've never harmed a fish, in fact the fish move right in; moreover, they love to spawn (later on) in the clean, highly oxygenated gravel! This sounds like junk science to me as the studies I've seen show that dredging doesn't harm the fish population when it's done to avoid the spawning seasons. Moreover, especially when the riparian (plants and growth fronting the stream proper) area is left intact, there shouldn't be an objection.

I hope California gets it together and lets dredging start again--a lot of good people have lost a lot of money, and rights, by being denied access.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread