Gold....................................filled that is!

M

mikusek

First good gold for 2012, even though it is filled. And in my own yard about 7-8" deep. Took a modified prospect program to find this one, must have been on edge, but sounded a sweet clear tone. It was hard to find in the hole, it set the Garrett off as soon as it went in the hole, so switched to the BE II and finally pinned it.

I don't know what it is filled with, it has a nice weight to it. The cross itself is the same width as a quarter and the heighth is slightly more than a half dollar. On the front at the bottom it has the letters/numerals '1630' or '1S30' or '1830', can't tell even with a loupe; on the back at the top it says "Come Holy Ghost Enlighten Me", at the bottom it has what looks like 'zo12KGF', below that "BLI".

I don't know what any of it means other than the '12KGF'. It also has an M with a cross on top on the back. Also got a clad quarter and dime, along with some nails and other junk. I think some of the black on the front is paint or enamel at the ends of the cross pieces. I think the pictures will tell better than I can, I'll post it and see what how the pictures look.

Attachments

• crossfrontdirty.jpg
    crossfrontdirty.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 411
  • crossbackdirty.jpg
    crossbackdirty.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 429
  • crossfrontclean.jpg
    crossfrontclean.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 425
  • crossbackclean.jpg
    crossbackclean.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 417
Upvote 0

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice cross.
1/20 12k gf sometimes is written together as 1/2012kgf.
This is a typical mark on gold-filled jewelry.
:icon_thumright:

Joe

rroque2211

May 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you still have this item? I am interested in having it.
Richard

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread