gold going green

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
Gonna use some rain water from the barrel to wash off of river clays into the front flower bed. Since it's a composted leaf bed, it could use some clay. As for the rest of Georgia, you should know we have plenty of clay, and for the garden starters, it is packed with micro nutrients.

As far as using bath water, I'd save it for watering, since the oils from the body would be a bad thing to put into ANY sluice. ( unless you're trying to collect some fine floating gold.. which I've seen large clumps of it floating before, because of oil)

Does anyone have ideas about going green, especially during these winter months?
Water may not be an issue now, but it's a good idea to practice early.

I got a free 55 gallon blue soap plastic barrel for free from the local carwash and I've loved every minute of it. 55 gallons of free water adds up to hundreds of dollars over the years.

When I have my own place and am able to collect bathwater, etc, I will most likely link up a main tank with 4 or 5 of these interconnected barrels.

Ideas?

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2: Cisterns water the deserts in 1,000's a sites in desert states. Collect rainwater underground to escape the evaporation,keep it cool and lessen algae problems and then utilize in the heat a the summer to keep summer water bills down to a reasonable level. Roof runoff is the best source-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread