TRIP REPORT GOLD BUG PRO

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TRIP REPORT Finally got to get the gold bug pro out sat. ,my friend had his gold bug 2 went to several different spots . It was cold , but I wasn't going to let that stop me . First place – went where a feeder creek was coming off of a large cut . The ground was really hot ,the ground grab worked ,but did have to adjust frequently .There were a LOT of trash targets , as this place was the center of very much activity . I also tried some tailing piles on the high ground ,[very-very high ground ]. Let me tell you – a 45 pound back pack ,bucket, pans -detector and various other implements – on a 45-50 slope several hundred feet above the creek is a real challenge!!!!!! I finally give up on that and went down the hill to the creek . Once at the creek ,I found a large boulder pile that looked good . Started detecting ,bear in mind that this is a new detector – I am still on the learning curve .It's not hard to get the hang of , but for right now I am digging all targets .Which is good practice anyway . Some [most ] I could readily tell the difference between iron -and non-ferrous . But still dug Iron just to make sure . I hit a spot that had a lot of lead ,quite a good bit actually . And the ole pro hit it very well . Some were larger pieces and it was no problem to locate.But when you get to hitting #8 shot [very small] they are a little harder to locate . So I would put it in a pan and pan it down , this worked good . If I did hit some yellow ,there would be fines there as well . So this was my chosen method of recovery . Sorry to report no nuggets were recovered at this location ,so on to spot #2 ….... On spot 2 we were sniping bedrock , And I hit a lot of lead ,and several other junk targets as well . My friend would hit a signal with his g.b.2 [he is a lot more in tune with his detector ,and has had a lot more practice with it ] then I would check it with the pro . They both hit very well , even in very hot ground . When I adjusted mine to have a background hum , you can hit very faint signals pretty easy . And got to compare the two ,both were very adequate at the task at hand . No good targets were recovered …...... On to spot #3 # 3 was not that far from two , It was endless tailing piles -high ground -cuts -creek -bedrock ,hard rock ------ a little bit of every thing . Really nice looking place – that had a LOT of activity . I was checking the tailings with the gain crunk up …... then you would hit hot ground and start to get some chatter . Turn it back down ,hit the g.g. Level it out – had to adjust a lot , but bear in mind this is one extreme to the other , lot's of iron signals , and a couple of very faint ones [ I should have focused on those ] decided to go down to the creek , on down a ways . And try sniping , with the gold bug's leading the way . I was amazed that this much activity , there should be fine gold everywhere …........ But this was not the case ….. NOTHING , not even fly-poop ,no speck …..... This was a little disheartening ….. But we persisted . While checking a decent crack , I was on …....... My buddy says , BAM – here's a Takoda piece :headbang: !!!!!!!!! I thought he was kidding , He wasn't …. He hit a nice nugget , then we really got busy . I hit a couple of very ,very small pieces . And he is still in the same crack . He hit several other decent sized pieces ,and some fly-poop fines . Now we have our system down ! what time is it ? OHHHH ,Crap I'm late !!!! Gotta go ! I have band practice , so we have to leave …... Haul a$$ home , Drop off my buddy , change – and go Jam for a while . :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: All in all it was a very good day , We probably saw about 20 deer , several were about 40 feet from the truck .They didn't even pay us any attention ,kept on eating . Saw some nice scenery , went in a mine or two . Hit a couple of creeks , Tried out the bug's , and the best part -my buddy got a takoda nugget :thumbsup: , he might have skunked my butt – he owed me that ! l.o.l. Had a full day prospecting , then got to go home and play drums all night !!!!! Man that's the life ! Wish I could do that every day !!!!!!!! Anyway that's strick's adventure for the day , more to follow . Gold -bug pro will be a good addition to my arsenal . :icon_thumleft: :wink: :icon_pirat:

Upvote 0

Chris In W Georgia

Oct 25, 2004
Here ya go T, The new Gold Bug Pro seems to be and excellent detector, I messed with it for a few minutes and liked it, if I didn't already have a gold detector I would buy one! ...Chris

Attachments

• 100_1621.jpg
    100_1621.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 691

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
I am glad to hear you got some use out of the old "dusty" GB. My metal detector is dusty still.
If you still have that crafty 2 man pvc hand dredge, there's lots of placers a gas motor cant hit, and we can even 3 man it.
Winter is almost here, I can take a day off when I want it, so message me if you wanna play in the water.
That little stream where I met you is a great place and I would enjoy the duel venture.... And this time, we could actually work instead of chat about what the heck was going on :headbang:

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Chris In W Georgia said:
Here ya go T, The new Gold Bug Pro seems to be and excellent detector, I messed with it for a few minutes and liked it, if I didn't already have a gold detector I would buy one! ...Chris

Nice . :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can't wait to go try 'em out again ! next time we will have a better game plan . be nice if takoda went !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread