gold in siam

L

leafmould

hi
i'm not too experienced in treasure seeking so any advice very helpfull,
i've heard about several tons of gold buried in a cave in thailand by the japanies army during the second world war, i might have located it (as have many others with little success in the past, but its too good to pass up) but as a foriegner here does anyone know if i would have any rights if i found it. i realise most of you guys are in the states so this could be a pointless question also i am going to a thai lawyer soon to check and maybe setting up a company to cover me or even just giving it to the king and trying to get some % but any info would be good
thanks phil ;D

OP
OP
L

leafmould

for a change it seems the thai (lawyers) think similarly to me, she said 'no laws like that ( uk treasure trove laws) in thailand, if you find dont tell just take.'
i like thailand.
phil

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I think you are chasing superstition. Not sure about Thailand, but in the Philipines, seems that everyone is convinced there's a Japanese treasure, buried in every cave, in the waning days of the war. But you can't dissuade them, because the human mind wants so hard to believe ......... "lest you be left out".

But sure, if you find a treasure, just keep mum and move into the Bangkok Hilton and enjoy it.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Tom, sorry to start this old thread again, after I answered, I noticed that it was old, but since there are few hunters in Siam, I thought I would see if he still is over here.

There is supposed to be a treasure here, near the Burmese border, and even the ex prime minister was convinced it was here, and had already planned on eliminating the national debt, with this treasure!! That is really counting your chickens before they hatch! Unlike the Philippines, few people here believe in these big treasures. I doubt if filippinos even believe, but they sure are good at trying to get people to invest in their scams. Seems everyone there has treasure in their back yard, but its too deep to dig by hand.

sanpet

Mar 22, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About the best thing you can do is go look at there prisons and see if you would like staying in one for a few years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread