One more...

No Parking

smiles!
BDoo

backitup83

Jan 24, 2006
Chesapeake Virginia
Detector(s) used
(XLT-x 2 ) )(BH Sharp Shooter 2) (Coinmaster 4000/D series2)(Coinmaster 2/DB series 2)(Discovery 2)(Discovery 1000)
What State was this sign found in? And all your tax money must of paid a pretty penny for that sign,seems the up keep of the park will be minimal to say the least. Sure that is a park?
Mike

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
add a home made sign that has NO FUN then nail it below it!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thats your local government hard at work. ???

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
It would have been cheaper and faster to print a sign with what was allowed-NOTHING. Cladius.

S

stefen

Like the carpenter's girlfriend said, " Jimmy nailed me in the park!" ;D

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
midas777gold said:
saw a new sign today in one of the local parks - should have had a camera!!!
It read:

No alcoholic beverages
No golfing
No off road vehicles
No fires
No metal detecting
No dogs
No ball playing
No littering
No picnicing
No loitering
No kite flying
No one allowed after dark

Just what is one to do int this park?????????

Hang a sign below it that says

No point in visiting this park

S

stefen

What about exhibitionists, deviants, perverts and child molesters that inhabit our parks...never ever see these listed on signs. >:(

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
There is a TVA park in Chattanooga unofficially called "mexican park".
At the entrance of the park there is a sign...No guns and no alcohol allowed.
I do not know about the gun part, but before they kicked me out for metal detecting without a permit, I used to find lots of beer bottle caps and empty beer bottles.
And at the time, three years ago, there was a news report about rampant sex encounters in that same park.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
All the city needs to do now is put up a 10 foot fence with no gate! Our tax money hard at work!
I was going to say Happy Hunting but on second thought???????

Desertfox

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Sounds like they've turned it into a nature preserve "take only pictures, leave only footprints". That's what archaeologists do when they want their own private place to detect. They forgot to say walk only on trails (permit required), no running & no bicycling. I assume they won't have these signs in other parks. HH, George (MN)

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
It is really NOT past the time to go to a city council meeting and object.

Why not START with that?

Recovers Many Pull Tab Relics

S

stefen

In 1972, I provided the City of los Angeles Parks and Recreation with renovation plans for MacArthur park, the lake and several architectural features...

One of the many problems that surfaced immediately was the negative park signs such as those exhibited above.

The first thing I did was to take pictures of all signs and prepared a presentation exhibit for the Parks Commission...The Park & Rec staff took a look at the pictures and elected not to show them to the Commission...I suspect that they dropped the ball and didn't want to be criticised or chewed out...

A long story short, I turned all of the signs from negative to positive...and in many cases we removed all signs...

And if I had to do it again today, here is what I would do:

No alcoholic beverages....Do not mention...this is a universal standard in all public parks...its a policing problem
No golfing...Do not mention...its a policing problem and have the rational people yell and scream at the idiots
No off road vehicles....Do not mention...its a policing problem
No fires.....Do not mention
No metal detecting....Do not mention
No dogs...All dogs shall be on a leash
No ball playing........Do not mention...have the rational people yell and scream at the idiots
No littering....Place more trash recepticles around the park (people need training)
No picnicing....Request picnic tables and shelters from the Park Commission
No loitering....These types of signs have absolutely no effect...get rid of them all together
No kite flying....This is a hazardous activity in small neighborhood parks, however, let the police take care of the problem.
No one allowed after dark...place a curfew sign...again its a policing problem and signs are not effective.

Most of this type of signage is written by lazy people (and beleive it or not, by the maintenance divisions). Its a simple matter to correct...bring it to the attention of the Parks Commission.

Parks Departments should have a written Ordinance (not policy) that states specifically what opportunities can and cannot occur in each individual park. An ordinance is law, a policy is some persons means to show power without actual authority and is subject to legal challenge. If ticketed by the police, a policy holds not authority and can be challenged and overthrown.

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, XLT Fisher's CZ5 Garretts GTA 1000
stefen said:
No loitering....

This sign all ways gets me....

Loitering (IPA pronunciation: is an intransitive verb meaning to stand idly, to stop numerous times, or to delay and procrastinate.

What is relaxing? Picnicking? Walking? Window shopping? And 100 other thing you do in a park or mall.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
I bet they came up with that set of rules because someone had at some point "complained" about someone doing one of the above. What do you bet in a year there are ten more rules, none of which include "no complaining". Yet another example of a bunch of functional retards on the town board. Go out and vote and get those morons out of there.

S

stefen

I deal with public agencies everyday in my career...the other day I met a guy and found that I couldn't shake his hand...apparently his coffee cup became permanently attached to his right hand :tard:

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Guess you could drive by and listen to the grass grow, but after a few people did that it would be added to the sign. "NO listening to the grass grow" " No motorized vehicles"

I would just recommend to the county that since nothing is permitted in the ' parks' why spend the taxpayer money to maintain them. Just close them down. Think of the cost savings, especially on the large signs that will not have to be posted any longer.

:tongue3:
Ray S

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions