Gold Metal Find! First Gold!

treasure_lady

Jan 17, 2005
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I found this 14kt gold metal in the park today. My first gold! ;D It's a little bigger than a quarter. It came out of the ground this shiny! It was about 3 inches down. Also found a clad dime, nickle and 7 pennies. I found the gold metal on my second swing!

Attachments

• goldmetalup.JPG
    goldmetalup.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 487
  • goldmetalback.JPG
    goldmetalback.JPG
    4.6 KB · Views: 483
  • gold14kup.JPG
    gold14kup.JPG
    5.2 KB · Views: 486
Upvote 0
OP
OP
treasure_lady

treasure_lady

Jan 17, 2005
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
onionhead said:
I commented to you find at BH, but I will do it again here! GREAT FIND! Do you have a gram scale? I was wondering about the wt.?

Onion

Thanks Onion.. and no I don't have a gram scale. It's slightly larger than a quarter but not as thick...so don't know about the weight.
And thanks to everyone that has taken time to reply! You guys/gals are the greatest!

D

Darod

That's really beautiful! What a superb find! 3" deep,....hmmmmmmm. Makes ya think how many fellow detectorists have missed it? Was it the first time you've hunted that site?

Rod

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2
Way to go!!Nothing like the feeling ya get when you find your first gold!!I just found my first confirmed gold saturday, and there was a bonus....two diamonds too. Here is the gold looking nugget and the "for sure gold" tie clip. Keep up the good work and H.H.

Attachments

• gold 2.jpg
    gold 2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 263
  • clip.jpg
    clip.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 208
  • gold 2.jpg
    gold 2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 206
  • clip.jpg
    clip.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 207
OP
OP
treasure_lady

treasure_lady

Jan 17, 2005
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Really nice finds hikermike! Gold and diamonds..that's the right combination! And Rod.. yes it was the first time I had detected that park. As much buried trash that I'm finding...don't think this park has been detected in a while. Lots of areas still to explore!

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Congratulations on your first gold. That is a awesome find almost as good as a gold coin.
Keep at it and keep posting those pictures. Could not have happened to a nicer person.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread