Gold paydirt

roie

Greenie
Sep 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys,
I'm new here, and I've been into gold and precious metals for the past two years. Since I live in Israel we don't have gold mines here, or even some chance for prospecting.
So... I have been buying paydirt on ebay, and most of the time came with a little amount of gold. I didn't expect to find a lot, but still I thought I can get some to pay my investment. It was really fun but I wished I found more.
I'm looking for to buy a really rich paydirt for panning. I know it's hard to ship here lots of pounds, but there is a place that can ship over 5 - 100 pounds it will be great.
Hope my question is in place here on this forum.
Thanks a lot,
Roie

Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Roie expect to pay a LOT for shipping and delays for that much material! I realize that you live in a desert location, so why not try drywashing ! there lots of picture for you to build one for yourself to save tons of money and then be able to understand how your equipment works! I don't know what city you live in or whats close to you BUT if you can get out look for cobble or rock outcroppings and most definatly look for black sand streaks in the sands. if you find them skim off the surface black sands and pan that out. the possible gold youll find will be very small but it all adds up! good luck and WELCOME to the site!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Try Goldstrike Adventures, their paydirt is good. Also here's the historical gold sites in your part of the world: ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442241022.289566.jpg
That northern one is in the southern tip of Turkey btw.

OP
OP
R

roie

Greenie
Sep 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the worm welcoming and the answer.I don't live in the desert and unfortunately we don't have gold in Israel. the only place you mafind gold is close to the red sea and it's miles from where i live. i love panning and finding gold and that's why i want to bring paydirt. yeh...the shipping cost can be high.
thanks anyway

OP
OP
R

roie

Greenie
Sep 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info. the countries you pointed out on the map are not countries that you want to visit as an Israeli. maybe some day i could go there. thank you anyway. if you have an idea how.to purchase paydirt it will be great.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thanks for the info. the countries you pointed out on the map are not countries that you want to visit as an Israeli. maybe some day i could go there. thank you anyway. if you have an idea how.to purchase paydirt it will be great.

My thoughts exactly on those countries, all difficult...you'd be better off planning a trip further abroad someday.

Like I said, you could reach out to the good folks at Goldstrike Adventures for paydirt...just google them :) since I'm not allowed to post the link here due to forum rules about advertising.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

roie

Greenie
Sep 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Kevin. I'll try to reach out.
Maybe one day I'll plan a nice trip.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you Kevin. I'll try to reach out.
Maybe one day I'll plan a nice trip.

If you do, I'd be honored to host you here in Colorado!

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
You can get gold fines at ebay or file down a piece of jewelry and mix it with dirt or sand from your area.

Gold fines at ebay are a measured amount of gold found by miners. You will buy at close to the actual market value and know the weight of the gold so when you pan it you can weigh what you got to see how well you panned. Reuse it over and over again.

Good luck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

roie

Greenie
Sep 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get gold fines at ebay or file down a piece of jewelry and mix it with dirt or sand from your area.

Gold fines at ebay are a measured amount of gold found by miners. You will buy at close to the actual market value and know the weight of the gold so when you pan it you can weigh what you got to see how well you panned. Reuse it over and over again.

Good luck!

Thanks. I already bought some fines and pickers on ebay... real nice ones. It was a bit higher than market value, but still worth it. Good for investment or resale if needed.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Instead of buying paydirt I would recommend buying clean placer gold.
That way you know exactly how much you are getting and you don't pay a lot of shipping.

When you get the gold just mix it with some material from your closest stream or river, dig down past the fine stuff to get the best of the concentrate panning experience.

I would offer up selling some fines to you but I have not gotten out for a while and don't have anything at the moment.

If you don't mind paying the shipping, there are lots of great paydirt suppliers out there, just research first, you will always find reviews for the good ones.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks. I already bought some fines and pickers on ebay... real nice ones. It was a bit higher than market value, but still worth it. Good for investment or resale if needed.

The thing with buying placer gold and specimens, higher than market value is the norm and 3 times market value (spot) is the norm for unique nuggets, sometimes up to 5 or 6x spot depending on the character of the gold and the buyer.
Even after shipping and a slight markup, Ebay gold is well priced, just be sure to buy through a seller that has a perfect feedback or feedback where issues were resolved, there is a LOT of fake gold on ebay, especially bars.

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could try the Jordan dribble or southern desert. Biblically, the land should be quite rich, you just need to look. I know there's copper and silver present in the desert, and gold may also be there. Also try the beaches. Look for any discoloration in the sand near the waterline. You may need to dig down to find dark sand. Pan everywhere!

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Roie and welcome to the site. When my son and I first started prospecting we bought a lot of pay dirt over the internet and in general were very happy. However, we were doing it for the enjoyment and not for any sort of economic return. Similar to what NeoTokyo said, I found that the best result would be to pay about 2X the cost of the gold content for the bag of pay dirt (i.e. if gold was $30/gram, I would find I was paying $60 for a bag of pay dirt with a total of 1 gram in it).

(Borrowing your thread for a moment Roie, hey Kevin: is the pay dirt from Goldstrike Adventures what you might call "authentic" Colorado dirt? Does it have the super-fine gold in it like I've found naturally in Colorado? I ask because some pay dirt - like some from North Carolina - clearly is just dirt with some flakes and pickers mixed in, but some pay dirt - like from Dirt Hogg up in British Columbia - is pretty authentic)

- Brian

OP
OP
R

roie

Greenie
Sep 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good luck!

Thanks. This could be fun, and more over good for children activity. You know... show the how to pan, and than find the gold. It's nice.

OP
OP
R

roie

Greenie
Sep 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Brian. That's a good point there about buying paydirt and come out with a small amount. I spent money on paydirt so I can find some natural gold, and it was nice. I even sold some of it on ebay but it was like 20 - 30 dollars. Way less than what I've paid.
Still.... I have been learning and practicing the techniques.

OP
OP
R

roie

Greenie
Sep 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could try the Jordan dribble or southern desert. Biblically, the land should be quite rich, you just need to look. I know there's copper and silver present in the desert, and gold may also be there. Also try the beaches. Look for any discoloration in the sand near the waterline. You may need to dig down to find dark sand. Pan everywhere!

I know about the copper down south. There used to be some mines there years ago. the only report of gold in Israel came out few years ago when some prospectors and miners found small amount of it in the Eilat Mountains, close to the Egyptian border.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks. This could be fun, and more over good for children activity. You know... show the how to pan, and than find the gold. It's nice.

The kids will love it!

Jdub15

Tenderfoot
Sep 13, 2015
Taylor, mi
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, every paydirt seller on ebay I have encountered on ebay salts or puts the gold in the dirt they sell. I'm not here to endorse any sellers but , if you look at the "feedback as a buyer" option, you'll find all over them have bought from a seller who sells nuggets and fines by the gram in almost every size known to man. I've bought my best paydirt from a guy in jersey,lol. Lots of gold in jersey, let me tell you. You would be better off with a metal detector, thousands of years worth of stuff hiding in the dirt over there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread