Gold price could smash $10,000 on crashing dollar & other factors – Jim Rickards

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold price could smash $10,000 on crashing dollar & other factors — Jim Rickards
Published time: 29 Jan, 2018
https://www.rt.com/business/417286-gold-dollar-prices-rickards/
A weak US dollar, a possible war between the US and North Korea or the impeachment of Donald Trump could result in one of the longest-ever rallies for gold, according to precious metals expert Jim Rickards.
"This is gold's breakout year. We are in the third bull market of my lifetime — and we have a very long way to run,” Rickards said in an interview to Kitco News.
The reasons for the forecast gold rally are a possible plunge in the dollar, a US war with North Korea, a trade war with China and President Trump’s impeachment, he said.
These events could push gold prices to $10,000, Rickards said. Gold prices have slumped in recent days after reaching more than a year high of $1,370 last week. On Monday, the commodity was trading at $1,347.
However, a surge may be accompanied by a rise in commodities prices.
"All gold does is it preserves your purchasing power. But, if gold is $5,000, then oil is probably $400, and everything is double or triple, you're not really ahead of the game," Rickards said.
The last week’s increase was linked to a statement by US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, who said on two consecutive days that the US administration favors a weak dollar in trade. The dollar sank to a three-year low on his remarks.

Upvote 0

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
settle down there skippy

"could" I've been hearing for a year on the rush commercials that silver will hit 100 anytime

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the input. Yes $10,000 is on the high side.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALWAYS CONSIDER AND ANALYZE THE SOURCE

James G. Rickards is the editor of Strategic Intelligence. He is an American lawyer, economist, and investment banker with 35 years of experience working in capital markets on Wall Street.

Do you think Rickards stands to gain by injecting fear into the marketplace? Ask yourself this.. “if you had a secret where you would make a ton of money would you share it with anyone you don’t really know”?

Or say something to make you a train load of money and you have the scruples of a lawyer.

I think you can see where Im going with this.

ECEA5826-A1FD-48E5-AC90-B28343DE50FA.jpeg

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

James G. Rickards is the editor of Strategic Intelligence. He is an American lawyer, economist, and investment banker with 35 years of experience working in capital markets on Wall Street.

Do you think Rickards stands to gain by injecting fear into the marketplace? Ask yourself this.. “if you had a secret where you would make a ton of money would you share it with anyone you don’t really know”?

Or say something to make you a train load of money and you have the scruples of a lawyer.

View attachment 1543821

So you're saying I listed my kids on Ebay for nothing then??

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you're saying I listed my kids on Ebay for nothing then??

I find it hard to believe that you want to sell your children to the highest bidder...LOL

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All I need to say is Kitco makes their money selling gold and precious metals. They will tell you anything to get you to buy. If they really believed it, they would be buying themselves instead of selling.

In other words, this is BS.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I need to say is Kitco makes their money selling gold and precious metals. They will tell you anything to get you to buy. If they really believed it, they would be buying themselves instead of selling.

In other words, this is BS.
They make money buying and selling.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I find it hard to believe that you want to sell your children to the highest bidder...LOL

??? I heard it was a "buy it now" price of $18.42. :laughing7:

Nobody in their right mind would auction their children. They don't really have much market value being a net financial loss. The "buy it now" listing just puts the kids on notice they better grow up quick or end up as more eBay fodder destined to spend their lives in a closet collecting dust like an unloved metal detector.

Or it could have... maybe ...been a joke? ???

Back on topic - I can assure you the price of gold will exceed $10,000 some day. What day that will be is unknowable. Heck even Jim Rickards will be right eventually ...just like a broken clock.

Heavy Pans

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it hits and stays at $10,000 anytime soon? We're in big trouble and a pile of gold won't help us.

Impeachment of Trump will make gold jump that high? :laughing7: No, Gold is bigger than Trump. Bringing up charges on him won't do anything that big. Even if he was convicted of something and removed from office? Doubt it.

People don't realize how much gold is actually out there. If it jumps up? most people unload, a few hold out, but it draws it out of the woodwork. I've seen it!!! Piles of it! I would have never believed how much gold is in one little area of the world.

At $10,000 you would have to have some Really big players pushing it. There also has to be buyers? Just don't see it happening anytime soon.

Just fear pushing, trying to recreate 07,08,. You can only push fear on people for so long, then the idea wears off. They become numb to it and most(average guy) need/want the money for something else.

Last edited:

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??? I heard it was a "buy it now" price of $18.42. :laughing7:

Nobody in their right mind would auction their children. They don't really have much market value being a net financial loss. The "buy it now" listing just puts the kids on notice they better grow up quick or end up as more eBay fodder destined to spend their lives in a closet collecting dust like an unloved metal detector.

Or it could have... maybe ...been a joke? ???

Back on topic - I can assure you the price of gold will exceed $10,000 some day. What day that will be is unknowable. Heck even Jim Rickards will be right eventually ...just like a broken clock.

Heavy Pans

It's okay.......there was momentary panic, but then I realized I don't actually have kids...........oh my neighbour is going to be pissed at me now! :tongue3:

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This subject is where the (Russian Knox) and chinas (closet)will come in to play. To artificially keep prices low,to further weaken the dollar, dump 10 tons on market with one hand while scarffing up a hundred with the other.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if gold hits 3k it will be equivalent to its late '70's early '80's jump

if it hits 5k we are in a lot of trouble as a Nation.

careful what you wish for

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posts deleted, please keep politics out of threads not in our politics forum.

WyoTrex

Greenie
Apr 15, 2016
Riverton
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 1543821

Exactly, Have you ever kept track of analyst upgrades and down grades on popular stocks 3-6 months following their recommendation?. If you check the institutional holdings report for the following quarter, quite often those that have posted an upgrade are actively selling and those that posted an downgrade are buying. Their reason for posting up/down grades is self serving.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly, Have you ever kept track of analyst upgrades and down grades on popular stocks 3-6 months following their recommendation?. If you check the institutional holdings report for the following quarter, quite often those that have posted an upgrade are actively selling and those that posted an downgrade are buying. Their reason for posting up/down grades is self serving.

They(analysts) should almost not be allowed to buy or sell as a conflict of interest or fraud tendency however they do it all the time and.... Poor Martha went to jail?

07D77FD8-A800-46DD-8FC5-3E55C9B3C16E.jpeg

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

monkey laugh.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread