Gold Prospecting Europe

arctic.sounds

Oct 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

I am a portrait and documentary photographer from Belgium.

A couple of weeks ago I chanced upon a newspaper article about gold being found in Poland by a group of treasure hunters. I knew little about modern treasure hunters and did some research on the internet. That's how I stumbled upon the act of gold prospecting. It appears to be that there are still a lot of people actively panning gold in Europe.

I'm always intrigued by people who deviate from the norm, breaking conventions to become passionate and obsessive about an activity or a lifestyle. So I decided to make a new documentary project on gold prospecting in Europe. I would like to learn more about gold panning and meet some serious gold panners in Europe. From there I hope to make portraits of legendary gold prospectors, capture the act of gold panning itself, the nature, the gold nuggets or flakes, etc..

Does anyone have some advice in which country or region I should start my project? I hope to find prospectors who are fully committed to it and try to make a living out of gold prospecting. I read articles about gold panning in Ireland, Scotland, Switzerland, Romania, Bosnia, Finland,... It appears that there are gold flakes to be found in a lot regions, but I hope there are some regions that stand out.

If somebody could get me in touch with some gold prospectors, it would be greatly aprreciated!
If anyone here is a committed gold prospector living in Europe and is interested in meeting up with me, please also let me know!

Thanks in advance for giving me a start!

Kind regards,
Kevin

Upvote 0

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could help Kevin. I do think there are many who do this in Europe but you may NOT find many willing to talk about it. Probably due to the fact that is illegal to do so. (so I have heard/read.)
It surely doesn't get the attention it does here. I surely would be interested in watching such a program though if it was available.

Good luck
Hit

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
HMM! that sounds like the answer to my question that I had for years and that is , Why in heck don't you see guys out dredgeing these rivers and streams. and thanks to the USA over in Afganistan where the USA had bombed the mountains to bits , people are out there finding precious stones. there has to be some gold veins showing in all those uplifted broken rocks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread