Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Gold Rush' Season 4 premiere

well against my better judgement, I got up this morning & watched the 2 hour premier
on my DVR
before coming online.

I didn't watch their 1 Hour spoiler talk show before,
I just deleted that.

====

Looks to me like Parker Schnabel is going to be the New Todd for comedy relief.
working with nothing to go on. Best drill holes showed "Trace".
I'm thinking his so Called friend Tony Beets is laughing through his scruffy beard,
behind his back.
I hope Parker didn't pay him for the land. Parker said it right,
Tony wont mine the land.

====

although the attempt at Drama failed, the Hoffman crew just may have
their crap together this year. not quite as Much "Waa Waa Waaaaa"
& no crying poverty yet,
when they needed something done, They coped & did it.
Fixed a Bridge, Hired a chopper to rush them a Diesil Filter, Crawled under wires
with their heavy equipment, with no mishaps :thumbsup:

They actually looked like semi-Pro

BS on the diamonds though imo, I still think diamonds are for Chumps.
I hope they are only mentioning them, for show filler.

====

the other crew with Fred the claim jumper, was a waste of space to fill a 2 hour show
IMO
just driving in snow, getting stuck , & trying to add drama.
:Add Yawn Gif here

====

now, unless next week is a 2 hour behind the scenes recap show.
and another 6 week hiatus till the next episode :(

I guess I'll stick around :icon_thumleft:

?Gold Rush? Season 4 premiere: Todd Hoffman on the run for riches in Guyana - Zap2it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching the first of the last 2 episodes back on Johns mine. It's really hard to watch this one. Parker's grandpa has a very aggressive colon cancer. You can see the pain and exhaustion in his face and hear it when he talks.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Agreed, this is going to be a tear jerker.

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most news papers obits have a National Spotlight type obit for those who
follow the Rich & famous's lives

Untitled.jpg

just like when the guy from Bering Sea gold blew his head off ,
we all Knew within 48 Hours, same will be with John.
Discovery has no pull over obits, to hide it

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand that John isn't dead yet, but the end IS coming and it's just tough to watch. I've seen too many times. The old man is fighter, that's for sure.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I understand that John isn't dead yet, but the end IS coming and it's just tough to watch. I've seen too many times. The old man is fighter, that's for sure.
Well john and Parker have added a huge amount to the show .. I really enjoy the relationship they have .
I think Todd's intention was that him and his father would become what Parker and his grand dad have to so many viewers..
It cool to see where john started and what he's done with himself and raising his family ... It not that often a man in his shoes get to see his grandson crack a million before he's 20 ... That's pretty cool .. What more can ya ask for ....?
Well like I said I hope there's some way to see john thru another season ...or two

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it wasb't for the Schnabels, I think the show would have died after the first season. They are the only reason I watch any of it. Even the Dakotas are a far second to the Schnabels. Toad hoffman isn't even interesting in the slightest.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I'm wondering if next season will have Parker working Smith "crick"
I suppose Peyson could run the operation at Big Nugget while Parker goes back to the Klondike.

GG~

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I'm wondering if next season will have Parker working Smith "crick" I suppose Peyson could run the operation at Big Nugget while Parker goes back to the Klondike. GG~

Parker ended at the start of a great new spot, I don't see him giving that up. Peyson is more than capable of working smith creek, especially since they reached the top of the pay layer and still have another 20 feet to bedrock. Besides, that washplant is going to need a full overhaul now that split most of their pipes, joints, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they ruined the pump too. Plus they have to have that loader rebuilt that was burnt by the ******* spraying WAY too much starter fluid everywhere.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I'm wondering if next season will have Parker working Smith "crick" I suppose Peyson could run the operation at Big Nugget while Parker goes back to the Klondike. GG~

I'm not 100% sure the whole episode wasn't just a Make-A-Wish type deal for John, and that the 3 Nuggets were simply planted.

We should know with season 5. If they actually found those 3 Nuggets that easily, the smart thing would be for Peyson to start mining there this summer. If the whole thing was a Scam on John, he'd be better heading up the road to help Parker get 3 Million this time :laughing7:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parker ended at the start of a great new spot, I don't see him giving that up. Peyson is more than capable of working smith creek, especially since they reached the top of the pay layer and still have another 20 feet to bedrock. Besides, that washplant is going to need a full overhaul now that split most of their pipes, joints, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they ruined the pump too. Plus they have to have that loader rebuilt that was burnt by the ******* spraying WAY too much starter fluid everywhere.

Good points,

I am surprised that no one thought to drain the water pipes and pump overnight, but then they are just kids after all. I am beginning to wonder if they even drained the washplant and pumps in the Klondike.

Oh well, It's not my problem but I do get caught up in the mining effort even if it is just a show.

GG~

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
did I miss it? what was the total of turd's 'efforts'? Did his crew all go home happy happy happy?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did I miss it? what was the total of turd's 'efforts'? Did his crew all go home happy happy happy?

They found zero gold and about $50 in diamonds and got kicked off the claim. Although all that was completely scripted from the start, so it doesn't really matter how they ended.

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parker posted on FB just now:

My grandpa is doing well. He still has cancer but has responded well to the radiation and chemo therapy that he has been on and if you saw him you would never know he has an issue. We just celebrated his 94th birthday a few weeks ago and it was great. He has great spirits, friends and family. Thank you all for the kind words and prayers.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parker posted on FB just now: My grandpa is doing well. He still has cancer but has responded well to the radiation and chemo therapy that he has been on and if you saw him you would never know he has an issue. We just celebrated his 94th birthday a few weeks ago and it was great. He has great spirits, friends and family. Thank you all for the kind words and prayers.

Thanks for the update! :thumbsup:

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got money on John outlasting todd. Old farts like that don't die till they decide it's time.

Looking forward to whatever todd finishes saying about armchair quarterbacking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread