Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Gold Rush' Season 4 premiere

well against my better judgement, I got up this morning & watched the 2 hour premier
on my DVR
before coming online.

I didn't watch their 1 Hour spoiler talk show before,
I just deleted that.

====

Looks to me like Parker Schnabel is going to be the New Todd for comedy relief.
working with nothing to go on. Best drill holes showed "Trace".
I'm thinking his so Called friend Tony Beets is laughing through his scruffy beard,
behind his back.
I hope Parker didn't pay him for the land. Parker said it right,
Tony wont mine the land.

====

although the attempt at Drama failed, the Hoffman crew just may have
their crap together this year. not quite as Much "Waa Waa Waaaaa"
& no crying poverty yet,
when they needed something done, They coped & did it.
Fixed a Bridge, Hired a chopper to rush them a Diesil Filter, Crawled under wires
with their heavy equipment, with no mishaps :thumbsup:

They actually looked like semi-Pro

BS on the diamonds though imo, I still think diamonds are for Chumps.
I hope they are only mentioning them, for show filler.

====

the other crew with Fred the claim jumper, was a waste of space to fill a 2 hour show
IMO
just driving in snow, getting stuck , & trying to add drama.
:Add Yawn Gif here

====

now, unless next week is a 2 hour behind the scenes recap show.
and another 6 week hiatus till the next episode :(

I guess I'll stick around :icon_thumleft:

?Gold Rush? Season 4 premiere: Todd Hoffman on the run for riches in Guyana - Zap2it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hee hee hee

GOLD RUSH Ratings Soar on Todd Hoffman-Free Episodes; Is Discovery Listening? « TVRuckus

After a couple of Hoffman-free episodes on GOLD RUSH, it appears Todd and his team will return tonight in Part 2 of the GOLD RUSH Season Finale. But, did the ratings during the Hoffmans’ absence speak volumes for the future of the show—and Todd Hoffman?

Every chance he gets, Todd likes to throw out that he “created” GOLD RUSH. No doubt, the Hoffmans were instrumental in the creation of this Discovery Channel mega-hit series, and a force in keeping viewers coming back over the seasons, whether it was to cheer them on or laugh and groan at their failures.

But, is Todd Hoffman’s time on GOLD RUSH expiring fast?

Tonight, according to Discovery Channel, we’ll see who is returning for next season’s race to the riches on GOLD RUSH. On the Season Finale Part Two episode, “Unearthed”:

“This no holds barred show reveals how Fred coped with a dying wife, why a fateful choice cost Todd a huge amount of gold and how he coped with a murder in the jungle. A look forward reveals where the miners will be next season and who will return.”

I’m betting that the Hoffmans will be on the “will return” side of the table. But, Discovery cannot ignore the numbers the show had for the latest Hoffman-free episode.

Last Friday’s episode on March 7th (episode #18 of the season) delivered an average of 4.4 million viewers, the most-watched episode of the entire fourth season. It was also the #1 program in all of TV among Men 25-54 & 18-49.

Is it just a coincidence that, after a Hoffman-free episode the previous Friday, fans anticipated the same on March 7th and flocked in droves to watch?

Now, it cannot be ignored that numbers for GOLD RUSH were strong all season long. In fact, was the #1 cable program among Persons, Men and Women 25-54, no exclusions, for 17 Fridays in a row. But, it doesn’t seem like much of a coincidence—especially if you do some reading on social media sites all over the Internet—that the anticipated Hoffman-free episode was the most-watch episode of the entire season. True, the subject matter of the show was a super fan-friendly topic—who didn’t want to see Grandpa’s face when he realized his dream of gold on Smith Creek? But, the sigh of relief fans gave at being able to watch an entire GOLD RUSH episode without the grating sound of Todd Hoffman “leading” his merry band of followers (without having to record the episode and fast-forward through the Hoffman segments, which many fans have indicated they now do instead of watching the show when it airs) cannot be ignored, either.

Should Todd Hoffman just be sent packing from GOLD RUSH? At one time, I thought he played an important role on the show—the “anti-hero”—but perhaps he has just become SO unlikable that fans no longer “love to hate” him and just want him gone?

What is your opinion? Let us—and Discovery—know in the comment section below!

3sell

Mar 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who agrees with me that they need to make a show about people hunting for lost mines/ lost treasure? I mean we all are on here and always talking about lost treasure so I think that would be sick if people went out and did just that and put it on tv. I'd watch it for sure!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hee hee hee GOLD RUSH Ratings Soar on Todd Hoffman-Free Episodes; Is Discovery Listening? « TVRuckus After a couple of Hoffman-free episodes on GOLD RUSH, it appears Todd and his team will return tonight in Part 2 of the GOLD RUSH Season Finale. But, did the ratings during the Hoffmans’ absence speak volumes for the future of the show—and Todd Hoffman? Every chance he gets, Todd likes to throw out that he “created” GOLD RUSH. No doubt, the Hoffmans were instrumental in the creation of this Discovery Channel mega-hit series, and a force in keeping viewers coming back over the seasons, whether it was to cheer them on or laugh and groan at their failures. But, is Todd Hoffman’s time on GOLD RUSH expiring fast? Tonight, according to Discovery Channel, we’ll see who is returning for next season’s race to the riches on GOLD RUSH. On the Season Finale Part Two episode, “Unearthed”: “This no holds barred show reveals how Fred coped with a dying wife, why a fateful choice cost Todd a huge amount of gold and how he coped with a murder in the jungle. A look forward reveals where the miners will be next season and who will return.” I’m betting that the Hoffmans will be on the “will return” side of the table. But, Discovery cannot ignore the numbers the show had for the latest Hoffman-free episode. Last Friday’s episode on March 7th (episode #18 of the season) delivered an average of 4.4 million viewers, the most-watched episode of the entire fourth season. It was also the #1 program in all of TV among Men 25-54 & 18-49. Is it just a coincidence that, after a Hoffman-free episode the previous Friday, fans anticipated the same on March 7th and flocked in droves to watch? Now, it cannot be ignored that numbers for GOLD RUSH were strong all season long. In fact, was the #1 cable program among Persons, Men and Women 25-54, no exclusions, for 17 Fridays in a row. But, it doesn’t seem like much of a coincidence—especially if you do some reading on social media sites all over the Internet—that the anticipated Hoffman-free episode was the most-watch episode of the entire season. True, the subject matter of the show was a super fan-friendly topic—who didn’t want to see Grandpa’s face when he realized his dream of gold on Smith Creek? But, the sigh of relief fans gave at being able to watch an entire GOLD RUSH episode without the grating sound of Todd Hoffman “leading” his merry band of followers (without having to record the episode and fast-forward through the Hoffman segments, which many fans have indicated they now do instead of watching the show when it airs) cannot be ignored, either. Should Todd Hoffman just be sent packing from GOLD RUSH? At one time, I thought he played an important role on the show—the “anti-hero”—but perhaps he has just become SO unlikable that fans no longer “love to hate” him and just want him gone? What is your opinion? Let us—and Discovery—know in the comment section below!

Part 2 of the GOLD RUSH Season Finale. " sorry , I will not be watching.

My TV description of tonight's show says

"the Miners look back at Challenges from the past "

which means Reruns & wa-Wa-Wa !!!

No I will not be watching :(

I'll have to look here tomorrow to see who's coming back, But I'll guess all are
with maybe the exception of Parker leaving since he already made it big
& will probably go off to college at his Parents insistence, leaving his brother to take his place .

I will be recording & Watching the latest episode of "Game of Stones"
searching for an emerald in Brazil before
coming online though

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who agrees with me that they need to make a show about people hunting for lost mines/ lost treasure? I mean we all are on here and always talking about lost treasure so I think that would be sick if people went out and did just that and put it on tv. I'd watch it for sure!

Well I don't think it would be "Sick"
1. afflicted with ill health or disease; ailing.
2. affected with nausea; inclined to vomit.
3. deeply affected with some unpleasant feeling, as of sorrow, disgust, or boredom: sick at heart; to be sick of parties.
4. mentally, morally, or emotionally deranged, corrupt, or unsound: a sick mind; wild statements that made him seem sick.
5. characteristic of a sick mind: sick fancies.

I actually would watch it, as long as it is real & not a boom baby type scam.

(& no you don't need to give me a definition from Urban Dictionary,
you don't want to know how I feel about those inventions of word meanings
:tongue3:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gotta like an old school guy like jeff! modern stuff is so overrated

3sell

Mar 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I'm young so "sick" was suppose to me cool lol. If it was real in a way like the show Gold Rush, then I think it would be a hit. Idk if you have seen that show Diggers? That show is so suppose. I want to see actually people research these lost legends of buried gold or mines and actually go out in these mountains or deserts and true to find them. And not find some stupid coin, I mean find some real gold veins or strong boxes of coins. I think that would be pretty good TV. With these people in California finding those gold coins worth millions, its started the search again to be more public for lost treasures so I think a show about it would turn up so real good hidden information or legends.

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Did you heard about the new "Gold Rush Africa" show slated for next year? Todd Hoffman teams up with Ric Savage (American Diggers- Savage Family Diggers) for a shot of "Africa Gold". As Todd can't find gold they brought in Rick who is well known for finding very valuable rusted trash. In the first episode after hearing the words "Boom Baby" for the 100th time these two fat boys end up wrestling Sumo style in the mud of Africa. Spoiler Alert!!!- In the first episode after spending 300K in operating expenses for the first month- Todd finds 4 grams of gold. However, to save the day- Rick comes thru with a 500K artifact(Nelson Mandela's rusted bicycle). Can't wait for next year. George

Last edited:

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Just wow.

Freddie Dodge went and mined an area Todd blew off and had CHUNKS of gold, 3-4-5 ounces each. I really hope to hell this is the last of the Hoffmans.

And Parker, for all his success, is going to get slugged in the mouth one of these days. No man working in that field for a decade or two is going to take lip like that from a teenager, boss or not.

And it looks like Dustin's drilling sample was for naught.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I'm young so "sick" was suppose to me cool lol. If it was real in a way like the show Gold Rush, then I think it would be a hit. Idk if you have seen that show Diggers? That show is so suppose. I want to see actually people research these lost legends of buried gold or mines and actually go out in these mountains or deserts and true to find them. And not find some stupid coin, I mean find some real gold veins or strong boxes of coins. I think that would be pretty good TV. With these people in California finding those gold coins worth millions, its started the search again to be more public for lost treasures so I think a show about it would turn up so real good hidden information or legends.

LOL No problem on the "sick" thing.
Use what your comfortable with. really it's all "Cool" imo
thumbsup.gif

I like all the treasure Hunting shows except boom babies .

and in realty finding Big treasure is not something you can make up your mind to just
go find it. those who do on TV in 30 Minutes time are Fake.

I wish I could say today I'll go find coins worth millions for a TV show
laughing7.gif

But anyway Welcome to TreasureNet
notworthy.gif

and yes I'd love a professional "Treasure" Hunting TV Show to watch

Last edited:

3sell

Mar 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally agree but like in California where I live.....idk if ur from this state too......we have some treasure legends that are "easy" to find. Now I know ur probably laughing at what I just said because no treasure is easy to find lol. I mean like some legends give great facts and information that make it very easy. Some lost gold like in the Sierra's give a specific area and an exact marker. So basically I mean like go after those type of things where its more "easier" research to maybe find something. Like don't make a show about someone finding the lost Dutchman mine because that would be dumb....no one would find it lol. Do u get what I mean?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally agree but like in California where I live.....idk if ur from this state too......we have some treasure legends that are "easy" to find. Now I know ur probably laughing at what I just said because no treasure is easy to find lol. I mean like some legends give great facts and information that make it very easy. Some lost gold like in the Sierra's give a specific area and an exact marker. So basically I mean like go after those type of things where its more "easier" research to maybe find something. Like don't make a show about someone finding the lost Dutchman mine because that would be dumb....no one would find it lol. Do u get what I mean?

I'm in Pennsylvania (jeff of pa) but anyway since Treasure is in the eye of the beholder , so in some cases Treasure is easy to find. of course when your talking Big treasures yes Research & a great deal of time & luck is involved

N7XW

Feb 9, 2014
Western WA
Detector(s) used
ctx, atp, tejon, omega, etp, f2, compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you heard about the new "Gold Rush Africa" show slated for next year? Todd Hoffman teams up with Ric Savage (American Diggers- Savage Family Diggers) for a shot of "Africa Gold". As Todd can't find gold they brought in Rick who is well known for finding very valuable rusted trash. In the first episode after hearing the words "Boom Baby" for the 100th time these two fat boys end up wrestling Sumo style in the mud of Africa. Spoiler Alert!!!- In the first episode after spending 300K in operating expenses for the first month- Todd finds 4 grams of gold. However, to save the day- Rick comes thru with a 500K artifact(Nelson Mandela's rusted bicycle). Can't wait for next year. George
:laughing9: awesome

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow. Just wow.

Freddie Dodge went and mined an area Todd blew off and had CHUNKS of gold, 3-4-5 ounces each. I really hope to hell this is the last of the Hoffmans.

And Parker, for all his success, is going to get slugged in the mouth one of these days. No man working in that field for a decade or two is going to take lip like that from a teenager, boss or not.

And it looks like Dustin's drilling sample was for naught.

Todd makes nothing but bad decisions, BUT I bet he will be back next year working Freddy Dodges claims, watch for it. My wife won't watch the show anymore because of Todd

3sell

Mar 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to MINE A WATERFALL!!!......I think its a good idea but seems like wayyyyyyyy to much time to happen

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm burnt out on the shows ... Bout the only thing I would really enjoy is a show where all the calif boy all loose it and drags the greenies and any one els who was involved in the dredging ban, to the streets for a good flogging befor a public hanging..maybie even a session of prolonged torcher ....

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm going to MINE A WATERFALL!!!......I think its a good idea but seems like wayyyyyyyy to much time to happen

Right. And it ain't all roses and nuggets at the bottom of falls...sometimes (at least for me) it's just ground up flower gold. Course, I don't have Discovery hiding around the corner to surprise me the next day.

EAGLELV

Tenderfoot
Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After watching the last episode I was impressed by young Parker's true and sincere homage to his grandfather John, stating that grandpa was his driving force behind this past seasons mining efforts. IMO its rare to see such reverence to ones elders these days and sadly when Grandpa John finally does succumb to his cancer it will be a sad day for all of us. On his leadership and management skills I think he's got a long way to go and needs to temper some of his aggression. I look forward to his next 1000 ounce season!

3sell

Mar 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally agree, some times he just seemed like a total jerk. But thats just being young and he just needs to accept help and stop thinking he knows everything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread