Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Gold Rush' Season 4 premiere

well against my better judgement, I got up this morning & watched the 2 hour premier
on my DVR
before coming online.

I didn't watch their 1 Hour spoiler talk show before,
I just deleted that.

====

Looks to me like Parker Schnabel is going to be the New Todd for comedy relief.
working with nothing to go on. Best drill holes showed "Trace".
I'm thinking his so Called friend Tony Beets is laughing through his scruffy beard,
behind his back.
I hope Parker didn't pay him for the land. Parker said it right,
Tony wont mine the land.

====

although the attempt at Drama failed, the Hoffman crew just may have
their crap together this year. not quite as Much "Waa Waa Waaaaa"
& no crying poverty yet,
when they needed something done, They coped & did it.
Fixed a Bridge, Hired a chopper to rush them a Diesil Filter, Crawled under wires
with their heavy equipment, with no mishaps :thumbsup:

They actually looked like semi-Pro

BS on the diamonds though imo, I still think diamonds are for Chumps.
I hope they are only mentioning them, for show filler.

====

the other crew with Fred the claim jumper, was a waste of space to fill a 2 hour show
IMO
just driving in snow, getting stuck , & trying to add drama.
:Add Yawn Gif here

====

now, unless next week is a 2 hour behind the scenes recap show.
and another 6 week hiatus till the next episode :(

I guess I'll stick around :icon_thumleft:

?Gold Rush? Season 4 premiere: Todd Hoffman on the run for riches in Guyana - Zap2it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got to admit I was real bummed about the "glory hole", I thought for sure they were nursing that along for a big reveal and actually show a ton of gold worthy of its name. Strikes me as somewhat odd to dig a 120'+ deep hole to expose what 15' x 30' of actual bedrock and call it a bust. Have also wondered how they got away with not terracing the pit or putting chain link mesh or some other control on the dig site. You'd think MSHA would have a field day.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
& Todd's crew digging in a landfill for gold :laughing7: I wonder if Dave really went home :tongue3:

todd is a moron- like he has a sixth sense where gold is. Last season I thought dave was smartest, if it hadn't been for him todd would be on foodstamps by now. But why in the world would he go with todd again? todd does nothing.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Why the heck did Todd have to hurry home? Maybe he got bitten by too many skeeters on his nether regions and had to go running home crying to Mommy.Guy is the biggest wuss ever.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to admit I was real bummed about the "glory hole", I thought for sure they were nursing that along for a big reveal and actually show a ton of gold worthy of its name. Strikes me as somewhat odd to dig a 120'+ deep hole to expose what 15' x 30' of actual bedrock and call it a bust. Have also wondered how they got away with not terracing the pit or putting chain link mesh or some other control on the dig site. You'd think MSHA would have a field day.

the "glory hole" ain't filled in yet.

I know I'd be widening it

I think they are hiding allot for a late season surprise.

and make it look like last minute they may have struck it rich.
Bring people back for season 5

Why the heck did Todd have to hurry home? Maybe he got bitten by too many skeeters on his nether regions and had to go running home crying to Mommy.Guy is the biggest wuss ever.

after last weeks show , I wonder if he Knew he bought more Tailings.
and ran for the hills giving the crew time to realize it too & Calm down before showing his face
laughing7.gif

then again maybe he had to go borrow some more money from his sister.

What Happened with their Test pits ?
they were supposedly showing Gold :icon_scratch:

I forget What the ratio was ? $30.00 per acre ?

Was Todd or someone Spiking the test material ?

Or is someone Flat out lying for Drama ?

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry off topic-Luv the Red Green duct tape special pic Jeff Gordon,he's a canadian miner at it's best--duct tape the great leveler. Speaking of level--Todd not on level as mining junkyards ain't profitable. But that monster waterfall was anticlimatic too. From past seasons results I'd run them gravels FIRST that Dakota Fred wants to just "throw" into that hole to fill it up as righteous gold they were standing on at last seasons end but dumb and dumber just might chuck it all with no profit and losses mount. Time'll tell-John

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the dirt from the hole the Dakota boys dug was full of gold, why aren't they widening it instead of filling it in? I'm really tired of this producer thinking all viewers are stupid enough to buy what he is shoveling. (no pun intended)

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And correct me if I am wrong, but most waterfalls do not collect gold, they grind it up and spit it out. So why was there all this emphasis on the glory hole at the bottom of this waterfall? Its fairly rare to find waterfalls that have created holes where gold can be captured anyway.

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
Unclematt, I could be wrong but I remember seeing a birds eye view of Fred's digs from the helicopter and he is flanked on one side by near vertical bedrock and on the other 3 by the river as it curves around.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
do like the persians at babylon, divert the river

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hole the Dakota boys dug could be widened out away from the river. Assuming of course they did some drilling to verify the pay dirt was sitting out farther from the water.

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
Like I said I think that's a bedrock shelf they kinda followed down but I could be wrong. I also think the days of diverting rivers are long gone. Could you imagine the look on the face of whatever govt. agent you proposed diverting a river to. The permitting process would probably take longer than the river naturally shifting.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
permits? LOL when or IF they find out say I didn't know

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm thinking Dustin should throw his suction dredge in the bottom of the glory hole and pull all the gold that stupid bucket left behind. When you hit the floor (bedrock), vacuum the darn thing. The way the pieces of bedrock looked coming off the bucket, the floor is certainly not flat but rather full of cracks and crevices, holding and hiding all the gold they worked so hard to reach.
Yup, break out the dredge Dustin :icon_thumright:

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bob, was going to post the same thing, glad I read the thread first. As far as that goes, why doesn't any op not bring in a suction dredge when they finish a pit, fill with some water and collect the big fat paycheck from the gold that washes/falls out of a bucket into the cracks and such. If anyone is reading this thread that has a big commercial op, take note: I'll come dredge the bottom of your pit and split the gold 50/50!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I call for a mutiny!! I'm so tired of the hoffmans. ( always wants a prayer and the 316 mining, yet he says frickin all the time. Toddy do you have a clue what that word is subbing for?)

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The programming has gotten so bad my wife and I have just downgraded to basic cable. For 100 dollars a month, I get 23 channels, 10 in Spanish I cant understand. We dont get digger shows no more. When asked about it at the cable company, I told em straight up. The shows I watch arent worth watching anymore. Since I still have my HD antenna that picks up the three stations I now only watch. I see cable going bye bye forever.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cable is a hundy for 23 channels? wow I pay 113 for dish to 3 tv's- always something to watch

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The producers of this show absolutely SUCK!!!

I am sick and dam tired, of the staging, of so many, many, things going wrong. It's a bunch of Bullshit and I am very tired of watching it!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread