GOLD & SILVER Today!!!!

dcooper1

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
New Excalibur II, DFX w 12" Super and stock coil, XLT with stock coil, 14" & 6" coils
GOLD & SILVER Today!!!!

Went back to the same place where I found the Virginia Staff Officers button yesterday. Hunted for about 3 hours, digging some interesting pieces. Left my "honey hole" to check out a possible camp area. As it was getting dark, I headed back towards the truck. As I was passing back thru the "honey hole" it was DARK so I was just hap-hazardly swinging my machine as I was walking pretty fast. BAM - a good signal, couldn't hardly see the ground but I wasn't going to pass it up!!! Dug it in the dark, turned out to be a coin. Put it in my pouch and stood up. Went another 3 feet and BAM, another good signal, By now it was beyond dark but again, I wasn't going to pass it up. I did have the backlight on my screen already as I usually turn it on just at dusk. Pinpointed the signal at 2.5" (Whites DFX) and started digging. As I was "sorting" the dirt from hand to hand, the signal was still really good. Then I heard a light "thump" and the signal in my hand dissappeared. I quickly swept my hand over the ground feeling for anything unusual as I coudn't see a thing. I found a clump, it had fallen out of my hand and hit the head of my machine - thus the thump and loss of signal. I swept the clump over my machine and it sounded really good, I carefully broke some dirt off and could tell it was probably a button. I held it up to the backlight and thought I could see GOLD (hard to really tell with the green backlight) and some stars in the same configuration as the Virginia button I found yesterday.

I quickly filled the hole, grabbed my machine, and ran back to my truck where I turned the interior light on and confirmed the GOLD and the couple of stars. I didn't want to take any chances with "field" cleaning it and ruining the finish so I just put it in a film canister and drove like crazy getting home. I held it under running water and it didn't take long. It is in incredible shape!!!! Most of the GOLD is left, no dents, dings, or "pushes".

As you can see from the picture, I found a few other interesting items. The 1920 Mercury, a .69 caliber bullet that was sliced twice, a piece of jewelry - that maybe went on a blouse, a decorative piece that may have gone on a piece of furniture, part of a lock that says "MAIL" on it, a 1906 Indian Head penny, part of a pocket watch, a buckle, a harmonica reed, and a misc piece of lead with a hole in the middle (its folded in half).

If anyone has any better guesses on some of the pieces, please share.

Enjoy the pictures.

Attachments

• P1010071a.JPG
    P1010071a.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 556
  • P1010066a.JPG
    P1010066a.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 545
  • P1010070a.JPG
    P1010070a.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 547
  • P1010073a.JPG
    P1010073a.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 538
  • P1010075a.JPG
    P1010075a.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 546
  • P1010076a.JPG
    P1010076a.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 549
  • P1010077a.JPG
    P1010077a.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 536
Upvote 0

topdog

Dec 2, 2007
Navarre, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
Re: GOLD & SILVER Today!!!!

You are on a really hot streak, totally terriffic finds, awesome looking military button.

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HEY COOPER!

Great finds! Love the button! keep the coil to the soil brother!!

Crackbadger

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

http://www.relicman.com/butcva.htm

Gives you an idea how much your button is worth.

Jacob Minder was producing buttons during the CW but I can find your backmark on the web??

Master Sarge

Feb 23, 2007
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3 / 6x10" DD & 10" DD Coils / Bullseye II Probe

Wonderful finds. That button looks brand new!!!

OP
OP
dcooper1

dcooper1

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
New Excalibur II, DFX w 12" Super and stock coil, XLT with stock coil, 14" & 6" coils

Crusader, thanks for the info from the "relic man". Pretty funny, that guy lives about 45 miles from my house!!!! What a small world!!!

It's hard to get an idea of the value from that site, as you saw, there is quite a range of prices. If anyone else has an idea on value, please share!?!?!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dcooper1 said:
Crusader, thanks for the info from the "relic man". Pretty funny, that guy lives about 45 miles from my house!!!! What a small world!!!

It's hard to get an idea of the value from that site, as you saw, there is quite a range of prices. If anyone else has an idea on value, please share!?!?!

You could email him & see what he offers (then add on 30-40%). You don't have to take the offer & sell. Or you could strike up a relationship as hes not far away ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions