Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
With yesterday's Gold ring in my pocket (to re-check it's VDI) I went to my over-detected local southern beach (OK Seal Beach..if you must know).

I've been loving my Deus lately and put on the larger 11"X13" coil and proceeded to do the dry sand. Not all that productive but I didn't really care because I was very well aware of the Gold ring in my pocket. Saw another detectorist but he was done and heading away to the parking. Still...I persisted and digging a lot of foil and little aluminum chunks. The chunks were the remnants of soda cans littered on most of the beach by last autumn's storms. At least I only found them once and threw them away.

There was a nice little cut on the south end close to the pier. Switched to the WET SAND program but was able to up the sensitivity all the way to 99. My confidence with the WET SAND program has been growing each time I use it. The trick is to avoid all the "maybe" signals...and there's a lot of those. When you get one of the "sure thing" signals it is always real. I was getting a lot of hits. penny, penny, dime, quarter. Then a deep 95. I've learned to dig those deep 95's as they can be almost anything good. This was a real deepie .. my deepest wet sand find. At about 13 " it was a 1/4 ounce lead sinker. I keep all the sinkers and was happy to be able to get such a deep signal in the wet.

Then I got a 35 ... not a great number but at the 4K frequency and the very solid signal definitely interesting. At 4" deep I found a ring looking back at me from my scoop. Silver colored...glasses up.... YES! 14K

Of course I was very happy (you might say almost deliriously so!) .. BUT how weird and ironic to get two Gold rings only a day apart when the exact same effort and skill and detectors and sites could not get me one in over six months? So..guess where I'm going this afternoon. Armed with the Sand Shark I plan to scour that wet sand...and just maybe I'll have 3 in 3 days.

This good gold was 6.1 grams

HH Joe

Attachments

• Gold 11mar sb deus wet sm.jpg
    Gold 11mar sb deus wet sm.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 519
Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice band...you got a streak started, keep it going with number 3. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe thats awasome!!!
Wish I could have been there with you :( !Had fun last time, hope to get out to SB same time this year!!
Gold Rolling your efforts are paying off!! Take care and GL :icon_sunny:

SnT

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Congrats again! :icon_thumright: keep the gold comming!

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
sic sic sic - horrowshow hunting - hungry shark? go feed it.

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good going Joe. 2 gold, 2 days, you're makin' up for lost time with lost treasure. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :hello2: :hello2:

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
I think the 6 month dry spell keeps us going. And I always start talking to myself after about the thousandth pull tab -"IT CANT ALWAYS BE A PULL TAB!"

Nice Findssssssssssssss

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread