tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought this was interesting. I've never heard of gold being deposited in this way. Doubt anyone will ever be allowed to prospect and develop it, being where it's located. Still you gotta wonder what other deposits of mineral wealth is down below all that ice.

Upvote 6

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know for sure, but have you ever stood next to an elephant who decided to let one go? I have, many times, and gotta tell ya it's quite an experience...it always just gas, and ya don't want to be within 30' of that massive rear end! View attachment 2147049

lots of cows here, same issue.
cow.png

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hell I'd put my money on my ol" boxer dog Bubba vs a volcano any day. Can't vouch for the elephant but that old boxer could clear out a house quickly when he let one go and then got up and "crop dusted" around. AND.... he covered my ass more than once also... I miss Ol' Bubba...!

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hell I'd put my money on my ol" boxer dog Bubba vs a volcano any day. Can't vouch for the elephant but that old boxer could clear out a house quickly when he let one go and then got up and "crop dusted" around. AND.... he covered my ass more than once also... I miss Ol' Bubba...!
Just one volcano can clear out nearly 1/3 of the world even without any taxes on any given gas.

This appears to be more then all of the spray cans ever produced. Just pointing out.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do not think taxes add up to $90 a bottle when just a couple of years ago it was half.
Some research will give you an idea of the taxes on the gas. Remember some of the tax could be from the handling costs. I don't think the taxes are going down in cost.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's hilarious! Mount Erebus produces more than 450,000 tons of Chlorine gas each year. It produces as much Chlorine and Hydrofluoric acid as all the rest of the active volcanoes in the world. In 1990 tests established that Mount Erebus' Chlorine emissions were the principle cause of ozone depletion in the upper atmosphere at the south pole.

The gold being "blown out" is in the form of gold chloride gas. Chlorine dissolves gold. I guess you could recover that gold if you could figure out what to do with all those tons of very hot toxic caustic chemicals that accompany a single gram of gold.
Nature over time has ways of dispersing and making compounds that are less toxic.
Bacteria comes to mind in the short term that makes gas in the process.

It is not cost effective at this time to place a scrubber on top of the volcano vent to scrub out different minerals, compounds, and gas.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't know for sure, but have you ever stood next to an elephant who decided to let one go? I have, many times, and gotta tell ya it's quite an experience...it always just gas, and ya don't want to be within 30' of that massive rear end! View attachment 2147049

Well it may not be pleasant standing near an elephant. A volcano is a different 'Animal'.......lol:tongue4:....
the volcano kills in many different ways including gas.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well it may not be pleasant standing near an elephant. A volcano is a different 'Animal'.......lol:tongue4:....
the volcano kills in many different ways including gas.
No wild elephant's left on my Tennessee property (made them move) but we have 2 volcano's. But I'd still put my Ol' Bubba boxer dog up against any volcano for gas output.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No wild elephant's left on my Tennessee property (made them move) but we have 2 volcano's. But I'd still put my Ol' Bubba boxer dog up against any volcano for gas output.
You have a good point pound per pound Bubba boxer dog may hard be beat.

I would guess that the volcano's where active before your dog and maybe the elephant's on your property.

I hope the OP does not mind for the discussion now taking place.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have a good point pound per pound Bubba boxer dog may hard be beat.

I would guess that the volcano's where active before your dog and maybe the elephant's on your property.

I hope the OP does not mind for the discussion now taking place.
Me too.... I lied about the elephants but not the volcano's...? :thumbsup:

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No wild elephant's left on my Tennessee property (made them move) but we have 2 volcano's.
I'd have kept the wild elephants and made the volcanoes move, but that's me... 🙄

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd have kept the wild elephants and made the volcanoes move, but that's me... 🙄
Damn.... I could of used your advise YEARS AGO with that kind of insight. But I do / would totally agree but... I lied about the volcanoes also... sorry. My bad. I do like elephants and have one breeding pair out back yet....! So does that count Bucket....?:occasion14:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Damn.... I could of used your advise YEARS AGO with that kind of insight. But I do / would totally agree but... I lied about the volcanoes also... sorry. My bad. I do like elephants and have one breeding pair out back yet....! So does that count Bucket....?:occasion14:
The dog wins vs. your local volcanos. :headbang:
'Dog gone it'............... :laughing7:

Last edited:

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does what count as what

Are you guys still arguing about bragging rights over post-apocalyptic canine flatulence toxicity? 🐕💨

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does what count as what

Are you guys still arguing about bragging rights over post-apocalyptic canine flatulence toxicity? 🐕💨
Nope. Volcanos kill almost everything with rocks, mud, and toxic gas.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope. Volcanos kill almost everything with rocks, mud, and toxic gas.
Exactly.... just like my 110lb. old Boxer dog Bubba... but since he didn't have thumbs he couldn't throw rocks and mud. But he made up for it....!!!!

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Exactly.... just like my 110lb. old Boxer dog Bubba... but since he didn't have thumbs he couldn't throw rocks and mud. But he made up for it....!!!!
Now that I can believe. One of our Labs is a ball fetch-o-holic. The other day I threw one of their tug toys for him to fetch. He fetched... then cocked his head to the side and threw it back at me!

1714913830264.jpeg

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does what count as what

Does a cat count?.......lol. :cat:

Attachments

• Be ware of dog.png
    Be ware of dog.png
    189 KB · Views: 2

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do not think taxes add up to $90 a bottle when just a couple of years ago it was half.
Well they are working on it even to this day............lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread