Gold Well - drop riffle vortex sluice in action

Status
Not open for further replies.

LP13

Dec 31, 2012
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There were a few curious about our Gold Well sluice. So here is a video on YouTube that one of my customers did. He hasn't sent me the video on the cleanout yet. Will post it when I get it.

Company is HM Research out of Wickenburg, AZ. No website yet.

That sluice is the basic sluice, highbank attachment, waterfall head, tripod support setup and other options are available. He just had it sitting on a 5 gallon water jug in the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wish all who work to make effective products all the success they deserve.

Just FYI, I don't have any relationship with the guys who run Bazooka, I've just had a couple friendly conversations with them. They did offer a distributorship but I'm not interested in going that way. I do have a friend here in Denver who IS starting a distributorship if you are local and want one so there's that too I guess.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that KevininC. is a very honest man and would like to see everyone benefit.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
(comment deleted. Don't need the drama.)

Last edited:

MikeMike

Nov 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'm old school ..... words are cheap And anyone can say anything about others products. I guess I just get tired of hearing that plastic sluices is half the prices of the metal ones. To me that is a "no brainer." Plastic is cheap and the Chinese can mass produce any plastic product cheap.

The sluice I chose to use catches the gold in quantity that i would have missed using others products and works for me. I just get tired of seeing the "1/2 price bazooka advertisements" is all when I'm looking to see what other gws sluice owners are doing and any modes they may have done to their mining operations to make the mining op more efficient that I may not of thought of in mine. That is all.

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Otherwise embrace the discussion ...

No you are being impolite and rude. It's called hijacking a thread. We are all guilty of this. When we realize this we should apology and quickly bow out of the discussion. When I opened this thread I wanted to see if there was any new information about the Gold Well sluice. (I am always interested in new technology). After all this thread is entitled Gold Well..... I was not interested in hearing about the Bazooka. If I wanted to hear about the Bazooka or discuss the Bazooka there are numerous threads here(too many in fact) which cater to the Bazooka crowd.

George

Last edited:

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I guess I'm old school ..... words are cheap And anyone can say anything about others products. I guess I just get tired of hearing that plastic sluices is half the prices of the metal ones. To me that is a "no brainer." Plastic is cheap and the Chinese can mass produce any plastic product cheap.

The sluice I chose to use catches the gold in quantity that i would have missed using others products and works for me. I just get tired of seeing the "1/2 price bazooka advertisements" is all when I'm looking to see what other gws sluice owners are doing and any modes they may have done to their mining operations to make the mining op more efficient that I may not of thought of in mine. That is all.

Bazooka is not made in China it's made in Coloma, Ca. and it is far from being cheaply made. You have no argument and you know it. Your tired of 1/2 price Bazooka ads? I guess the truth hurts.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anybody that has a sluice its catches gold. There happy with the way its works. Then that most likely is what they will use. I always have kept an open mind. Check out as many sluices as I can. And buy what I think is the best. Don"t have enought money to buy too many. But am very happy with the one I have. It begin"s with B .

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No you are being impolite and rude. It's called hijacking a thread. We are all guilty of this. When we realize this we should apology and quickly bow out of the discussion. When I opened this thread I wanted to see if there was any new information about the Gold Well sluice. (I am always interested in new technology). After all this thread is entitled Gold Well..... I was not interested in hearing about the Bazooka. If I wanted to hear about the Bazooka or discuss the Bazooka there are numerous threads here(too many in fact) which cater to the Bazooka crowd.

George

My apologies.

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
MikeMike. Plastic sluices are being tied to China in your remark which the Gold Well tried to do a while back. Please state which sluices are made in China to clear this up. Plastic isn't as cheap as you think, and a thermo forming machine and the milling machine required to produce quality aluminum molds aren't cheap either. I produce plastic sluices and resent the fact that the Gold Well people are trying to knock plastic sluices. This was tried on another forum and wasn't well received there either. State your case but quit trying to shift USA made products to China!!!!!!!!!!!!

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would take a metal sluice over a plastic sluice every chance I can. Heres why, living in Arizona where direct sun can reach 140 to 160 degrees plastic does not stand a chance. Plastic becomes brittle and will break, chip, or crack. Having seen the Gold Well first hand its made to last a lifetime. Yes its expensive but well worth the expense.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MikeMike. Plastic sluices are being tied to China in your remark which the Gold Well tried to do a while back. Please state which sluices are made in China to clear this up. Plastic isn't as cheap as you think, and a thermo forming machine and the milling machine required to produce quality aluminum molds aren't cheap either. I produce plastic sluices and resent the fact that the Gold Well people are trying to knock plastic sluices. This was tried on another forum and wasn't well received there either. State your case but quit trying to shift USA made products to China!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would take a metal sluice over a plastic sluice every chance I can. Heres why, living in Arizona where direct sun can reach 140 to 160 degrees plastic does not stand a chance. Plastic becomes brittle and will break, chip, or crack. Having seen the Gold Well first hand its made to last a lifetime. Yes its expensive but well worth the expense.

These two posts remind me of how local circumstances dictate different answers to the question "which sluice is best?

Doug is in WA processing lots of -100 beach sand. Plastic is fine (not much sun there LOL) for him but not for AZ of course where an all metal setup like the GoldWell is more durable. I love the Bazooka sluices here in CO but they do lose some of the fine gold below 100 mesh that Dave is chasing successfully with his custom designed gear. Very little gold that fine here so not an issue...

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well said Kevin, the environment of which all equipment is used should dictate the purchase. Accidents do happen and I would hate to ruin a weekend trip because of a plastic sluice had crack or broken due to a fall getting down into a canyon to reach the river. A metal sluice I don't have to worry. With the Gold Well constructed from 1/4" sides and much thicker bottom someone would have to drive over the GW and I doubt it would show much damage if they did.

MikeMike

Nov 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the reason why I purchased the Gold Well Sluice from www.HMResearch.net and now lode (hard rock) miners is using it to run there crushed ore 400- mesh across it for a faster higher recovery.

ForumRunner_20150210_115851.png

ForumRunner_20150210_115900.png

I took these pics from their (Gold Well Page) page.

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
I wasn't debating metal versus plastic or which one is best. I was pointing out the fact that the "made in China" and "plastic junk" is getting old! Mike Pung makes the Gold Cube which is plastic and a good product and made in USA and Doc makes rubber matting which is a good product and made in the USA. The Bazooka, California Sluice, Angus MacKirk, and the LeTrap are also made in the USA. I manufacture equipment for Brawn and under my own name as D & D Manufacturing LLC all made in USA. Most of us know each other and sometimes are at shows together and as far as I'm concerned we all have good products for different situations. If the product is good let it stand on it's own, not by trying to knock others by claiming they're made in China and are made cheap or easy to make.

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
By the way my Brawn Super Concentrator and Mikes Gold Cube and Docs matting are also used by hardrock miners and have been for quite a while. The real truth is that most larger operations are using wave tables or shaker tables as they will always be more efficient.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I don't know how I missed all this......Expecting someone not to chime in on an equipment thread with a comparison to another piece of gear is just plain silly. I didn't see Kevin be rude at all???? As usual he Takes the high rd:thumbsup: Nice Kev.
I'm pretty sure that no plastic sluices are made in China BTW. Heck most plastic sluices are made in a room with like four guys...and a lot more plywood is laying around then you would ever Imagine. I like how BAZOOKA was mentioned like a million more times than Dave or Kevin ever spoke Awesome!!!!! I heard the goldwell works great. I've never seen one in person. I've used all other products mention and guess what they all work great too. Except Gold Wheels the small scale ones SUCK.
But not BAZOOKA:thumbsup: BAZOOKA!

MikeMike

Nov 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, there is no "debate" going on about plastic or metal. Plastic is Plastic. I know someone that uses an electric stove (regular house cooking stove) in his garage to make plastic products. There is nothing wrong with that. His products are good and I bought one of them. USA made too :-) .

My large spiral wheel (USA made) IS deformed due to heat issues. And guess what .... it's plastic. :-(

Just everytime I was looking at a "gold well thread" to see what other owners was doing and how they may have "moded" their sluice or operation ... 1/2 Price Kevin was throwing in a advertising plug for the bazooka.
*Come on .... the thread is entitled "Gold Well - drop riffle sluice in action" ..... NOT "bazooka 1/2 price sale" ...
*I'm sure other gold well owners will appreciate being able to see what OTHER Gold Well Sluice OWNERS is doing with THEIR gws units and not getting bombarded with bazooka plugs and ads....really.
I'm sure the bazooka is good, but If I wanted to waste my time, I would go to a bazooka thread. I'M MORE INTERESTED IN THE -100 MESH CAPTURE SYSTEMS. Sorry.

I have owned and used the gold cube (4 stack deluxe) and sold it. The gold cube was replaced by the smaller GWS unit. It is Faster, lighter, Easier to setup and clean out and more importantly for me, the Recovery is Better for my regional gold (flat flour gold). I liked the gc ... Just too Bulky/Cubersome and Slow is all.... sorry

I owned and used gh products. I had them in my 4" dredge and Doc's stacking highbanker. I liked them, But .... Again replaced by the Gold Well.
*YouTube "coolshiverzs" and watch video 10 of 10.

And .... most small scale miners don't have the thousands of dollars for the commercial wave tables and floatation systems that the large corporations do. When they can get the same or better recovery and faster for atleast a 1/3 of the price of a table that most small scale miners can afford. They can put to the $$$ savings to fuel, maintenance, or better yet .... back in their OWN Pocket.

What most people don't understand, is how much gold they are loosing until you put a gold well sluice behind what you have. .... that made a believer out of me and I am not apologizing for that. That is all.
Have a good day.

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They insulted everybody and had girlfriends posing as customers, they just didn't knock plastic sluices, they knocked anything that wasn't Gold Well. It reminded me of the Legend of Ricky Bobby "If you don't chew Big Red, then :censored: you! Not many cared how good their sluice was after that.

MikeMike

Nov 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know you, nor do I know the DRAMA of the past. Which is exactly where DRAMA should be left ... in the past. I do know some tnet members that have nothing to do for various reasons and try to entertain themselves by bringing up DRAMA from the past. I for one, do not have the time for DRAMA.

I just know that the Gold Well Sluice works exceptionally well AND that some of the "naysayers" of the past have seen it in operation and are now owners. I WAS ONE OF THEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread