Golden day on cloud 9, but only 8 gold rings

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Where does one start, how can you explain how some days every dig is something special?? My longest work day of the week is Sunday. I start on Saturday around 6:00PM, and usually finish by 8:00AM on Sunday. What made it worse was almost no sleep from Thursday on. Thursday was my daughters dance practice, then Friday her dance, ALONG with getting ready for her brothers graduation party/graduation.

So on Saturday night started my "normal" Sunday work, came home absolutely wiped out and was basically told by my girlfriend not to go to her sons graduation that sleep was necessary, and her son agreed. So off to bed and asleep.

Now, here's the reason for the post, around 3:00 on of my detecting friends called and had just found a 1974 troy ounce coin and asked to come check it out, then on the way there received another call that he'd just found a "Ike Dollar" and another troy ounce coin 2006 just about 1/2 inch deep. Getting there checked out the coins, one I have no idea what it is, the other an unusual find to say the least!! Somebody seems to have visited daddy's collection and sure daddy is not pleased!! In one day I went from 14 rings(which is more than I thought I'd find in a year) to 22gold rings. Cloud nine and came home cleaned the rings and crashed for a few hours before I posted.

I had planned on just going home to recover from a very long weekend, but was asked to get the detector out and swing. This place has produced five gold rings and some silver dimes in the past, so figured to stay a little and see what I could find. After about 20 minutes with 20 pull tabs and a cruddy memorial cent I was almost ready to quit and call it a day. My supposed last signal was going to be my last pulltab, but turned out to be a small 10k white gold ring, then a few more steps another 10 k ring, now I'm thinking "what the he@@ is going on here?? A clad dime brought me down a little to earth before finding ring #3, a 14k ring, then another, another, and when I finally decided to call it quits ended up with 6 10k rings, and 2 14k rings.

**These rings were found in a two hour period in a 20 X 40 ft area and not close together as my post might be misleading**

Attachments

• 608j 001.jpg
    608j 001.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,380
  • 608j 002.jpg
    608j 002.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,372
  • 608j 003.jpg
    608j 003.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,359
  • 608j 004.jpg
    608j 004.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,379
  • 608j 005.jpg
    608j 005.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,353
  • 608j 006.jpg
    608j 006.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,354
  • 608j 007.jpg
    608j 007.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,336
  • 608j 008.jpg
    608j 008.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,340
  • 608j 009.jpg
    608j 009.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,332
Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Golden day on cloud 9, but only 7 gold rings

:thumbsup: You must be part bloodhound to sniff out that much gold in one day. Thats incredible. Congrats on some great digs. I bet you can't wait to get back there. Have fun tryin to sleep tonight. Just incredible. :icon_pirat:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: Golden day on cloud 9, but only 7 gold rings

sounds like a jewelry store robbery stash area with that much bling in that small of an area :o

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
OMG!!!

Those are amazing rings you found. They cleaned up great! What did you use to clean them with?

sparkymaster

Metal Head

May 2, 2008
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 , Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Explorer SE
I bet a cop tackled some guy that was runnin from the law with some loot!

Congrats on breaking the amazing barrier.

It is obvious that these were all lost at the same time

With that in mind I say "banner"

C'mon guys 8 gold rings? one spot?

Baaaaaa-n-errrrrrrrrrrrr!

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
sparkymaster said:
OMG!!!

Those are amazing rings you found. They cleaned up great! What did you use to clean them with?

sparkymaster

I used dish soap and ammonia to clean the rings!

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Metal Head said:
I bet a cop tackled some guy that was runnin from the law with some loot!

Congrats on breaking the amazing barrier.

It is obvious that these were all lost at the same time

With that in mind I say "banner"

C'mon guys 8 gold rings? one spot?

Baaaaaa-n-errrrrrrrrrrrr!

I think the way I wrote the post is misleading. I hunted for over two hours and between rings there were pull tabs, can slaw, and other caps. The strip was probably 20 ft X 40 ft.

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
Jack(IN) said:
sparkymaster said:
OMG!!!

sparkymaster

They came out perfect. Are they all a pinkish color or does the camera make em look that way?

VERY nice finds dude!

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
sparkymaster said:
Jack(IN) said:
sparkymaster said:
OMG!!!

sparkymaster

They came out perfect. Are they all a pinkish color or does the camera make em look that way?

VERY nice finds dude!

Its the lighting that is giving the pinkish color and thanks, First time I've ever found more than two gold rings in one day in my 25 years of detecting!

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man what an amazing picture seeing all of those beauties in one pic. Outstanding finds, well done! :)

We heard that you guys have half the state flooded, hopefully you are ok in your area.

HH, Mark

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, i would contact the city about purchasing that section of beach :o

HH
-GC

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Looks like they may come from a display case from somebody that does home parties (?) Just my thoughts. Congrats on a nice find!

Desertfox

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
what a piggy! hey friend, this belongs on best finds or some thing hotter than this. how 'buot on the cover of W.E treasures?

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
BeachBumm said:
Man what an amazing picture seeing all of those beauties in one pic. Outstanding finds, well done! :)

We heard that you guys have half the state flooded, hopefully you are ok in your area.

HH, Mark

We didn't get much rain here, Southern Indiana was hit pretty hard it seems!

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
grogmug said:
What kind of site did you find these at? GREAT FINDS THOUGH!

Grassy area around a playground, the rings were 3 to 5 inches deep!

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic finds and keep out of Ohio...lol I never found more than one ring at a time and not that many ALL year.

I live in shock!

SKD

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
SoreKneesDayton said:
Fantastic finds and keep out of Ohio...lol I never found more than one ring at a time and not that many ALL year.

I live in shock!

SKD

I go to Dayton to hunt all the time, Yellow Springs, Middletown, Xenia, Hamilton, Huber Heights, and Springfield too, have found Ohio gold this year. Work for Kraft out of Dayton area!! Have thought about giving you a yell to get together for a hunt!!

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack(IN) said:
SoreKneesDayton said:

I live in shock!

SKD

I go to Dayton to hunt all the time, Yellow Springs, Middletown, Xenia, Hamilton, Huber Heights, and Springfield too, have found Ohio gold this year. Work for Kraft out of Dayton area!! Have thought about giving you a yell to get together for a hunt!!

Please call if you are in town. PM me and I will give you my telephone/cell number. Great finds.

P

Pentico

Wow, what an most exultant day! :thumbsup:
Congrats on the rings..........

Denver Nugget

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread