First Mens Gold Wedding Ring.....

ExitEden

Jun 2, 2008
Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Fisher F4
Was taken before my very eyes! JUST as I'm getting ready to bee line for a spot to detect with a buddy, this guy walks up and says "Do those things detect GOLD?" But of course they do my dear stranger, why? "I lost a wedding ring two days ago right over there"

Well, let's just say he has his ring, and we left without one. My original plan was to hit this place tomorrow, so the early bird does NOT always get the worm!

ps. I have a Fisher F4. It shoots coins like a freaking machine gun. I'm thinking about upgrading to the Whites MXT because it also has the prospecting mode. Anyone care to chime in on this?

Upvote 0

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go ahead . . . . rub it in! The guy could at least told me thank you, instead he grabbed the ring out of my hand and just walked away ???

It's funny, every time that I can remember finding rings for people in the last 25 years, they were all very ungreatful. I am not looking for them to kick down some cash (although that would be cool) but they could at least give a heartfelt "Thanks"!

Your Fisher F4 ran circles around my Explorer SE today . . . remember I am moving my coil at half the speed of yours :P Can't wait for our next adventure :wink:

HH, Mark

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own an mxt an there a good detectore but it reads probabilty in prospecting mode 10% means its 90% not iron zipzip but i found things in prospecting mode exspecialy in high mineral soil it won't show hot rock balences real fast you can see the ground numbers change as you sweep.they go deep 19 inches on two pond copper nuget and over two foot on a solid steel pipe with dd 8 by 14 I know dug one up yesterday what is it about rusty iron. I like mine, the stock coil is good I found an brass eye ring in an old leather boot. it screamed bloody murder when i past the coil over it. I think the mxt would be a good choise.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BeachBumm said:
Go ahead . . . . rub it in! The guy could at least told me thank you, instead he grabbed the ring out of my hand and just walked away ???

It's funny, every time that I can remember finding rings for people in the last 25 years, they were all very ungreatful. I am not looking for them to kick down some cash (although that would be cool) but they could at least give a heartfelt "Thanks"!

Your Fisher F4 ran circles around my Explorer SE today . . . remember I am moving my coil at half the speed of yours :P Can't wait for our next adventure :wink:

HH, Mark

I just returned a class ring and had a similar experience where the person acted like it was no big deal. I think I got a thanks, but it wasn't from the heart

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
BeachBumm said:

HH, Mark

I just returned a class ring and had a similar experience where the person acted like it was no big deal. I think I got a thanks, but it wasn't from the heart

I actually have a horror story about trying to return a class ring to a UCLA graduate back in 1991 (English Major). At the risk of sounding like a jerk, I must say that after that experience I will never attempt it again. It's a shame too because it was a beautiful ring. :-\

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More than likely not the guys ring if he saw you dig it. I've had the same experience at the beach. I put rings in my pocket very quickly, and carry a junk ring for those dishonest folks trying to steal my finds. How can the guy prove it was his unless it has his name in it, or at least matching initials. :-\

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It takes all kinds, I hate to sound negative but sometimes I don't think folks know how to show gratitude or be nice.
That F4 sounds like one nice machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread