Goldsnare SG 2

n01d3x

Apr 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Products
I've tried searching for reviews of this strange little "dredge". Found one or two but nothing with it running on a gas pump. I have a Honda wx15 which should be way more than enough. I'd probably float it like the inventor does in his YouTube video. It looks like I would be under 40 pounds for the whole thing, but does it actually work and catch -50 gold. I'd accept SOME -100 loses as long as -50ish and up is around 90%.

Upvote 0

regnad

Greenie
Dec 20, 2014
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Check out YouTube look for Flash in Your Pan Productions both fellas own them and he has reviews on them, they had a team gold snare on facebook also.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Products
I've tried searching for reviews of this strange little "dredge". Found one or two but nothing with it running on a gas pump. I have a Honda wx15 which should be way more than enough. I'd probably float it like the inventor does in his YouTube video. It looks like I would be under 40 pounds for the whole thing, but does it actually work and catch -50 gold. I'd accept SOME -100 loses as long as -50ish and up is around 90%.
Ive been looking at that product for a long time but never pulled the trigger. IF the recovery mat worked it would be great but i highly suspect it blows gold all over the place. I love the idea of a small battery powerd device like this. Based on other threads it safe to say most people dont think it can work for a variety of reasons. I think it can your just not going to be able to lift the material. but you can work flat areas on the water line or have it go into a bucket. Thats what makes this unit desirable. Proccesing right out the back would be awesome. Just swimming around the bedrock with no restraint, ahh one can dream. I think i have the guys email that makes them. I was going to buy one a while back but he was out of stock.

Im going mining on Saturday. If your available that would be awesome. Water is nice an low. I think this year is going to be epic. Anything that was moved around after last years big water was basically out of reach. If we dont get big rain soon we could have really low water come summer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

n01d3x

Apr 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking the same thing about gold just flying around everywhere. Then again though if you look at the design it forces material to go under "inverted riffles" kind of like the gold cube. It also seems like it would be somewhat of a fluid bed so I don't it might surprise me. I also agree about the year we may have if the water stays low. I'm going to hawaii this Saturday so no mining for me. When I get back we'll have to get out again though. I want to do a couple of full weekend trips further up river this year but too chicken to do it alone any more lol.

OP
OP
N

n01d3x

Apr 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been checking out flash in the pans videos on the gold snare. I'm still not convinced but at least they have some videos I can watch! Thanks!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good. Im itching to hit that spot. let me know when you get back. Weekend of the 24th ill be mining

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions