deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got a new permission last week and hit it this afternoon for the first time. It's a early 1900's yard with about 3 acres of yard. Things started off slow and didn't look good, then things picked up.
The kid started off finding a merc and then a War nickel. All I had was a old headstamp and some clad, one being a 66 Washington.
Then the kid got an Indian and im still looking for my first wheat. The kid didn't get any wheats yet either.
We were in the back yard away from the house when I finally got my first find, a 50 Washington. Shortly after the kid digs a big copper, a Connecicut state copper. It's pretty toasted but, his first so he's not complaining.
The kid was up closer to the house and I was down the hill when he walks down and says he's got another merc and a eagle button. I walk up with him where he found it, he accused me of missing it earlier when I was up there. Lol
Wasn't in that area...anyway since I was up there I started swinging again, I got that Sweet 84 AT Pro hit. Flip a plug knowing I had silver and had a 42-S Merc laying in the hole. We finally found a few wheats then decided to call it a day. We were getting ready to leave at the jeep when the owners came out leaving themselves. Showed them our finds and found out the empty section below where we stopped looking was theirs.
We dig the metal detectors out and headed back out. I got hung up messing with some shallow clad as the kid went to the new section. After ten minutes of chasing around a clad spill I finally went down to the new section myself.
I didn't go 5 feet in the new section when I get a 86-87 hit. No doubt this was silver so wasn't surprised when I flipped a plug and had a 53-D Washington.
Not much more was found there so we called it a day.
We were both surprised with the lack of finds here, not much trash either. We only found 6 wheats between us and 5 of those were mine. The kid did get one which gave him a copper trifecta.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    254.2 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    349.4 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 12

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great finds sounds like you had a great time and found some nice treasure. I gotta get out of my silver rut!!!Thanks for sharing!!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you have a great site for coin shooting. Congrats to you and son on pulling all those keepers. :occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the silver! :occasion14:

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of great finds - I especially like the Connecticut copper (I have to since I live in Connecticut)! :icon_thumleft:

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From those finds and the bantering you described, sounds like you and your son had a great day on the hunt for treasures, deershed.........congratulations!!

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From those finds and the bantering you described, sounds like you and your son had a great day on the hunt for treasures, deershed.........congratulations!!

We always have a Great time detecting together. There's days when one or the other cant do anything wrong and the other cant get a decent hit no matter what. The one that can't do anything wrong offers a good hit or two to help the other one out. Some times those hits pay off or they just throw more salt in the wound. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread