Good Friday Finds and my First.

F

Floater

Well I hunted a house lot that is about to be demoed ion my street. Property is about 55 yrs old and I had just gotten permission on Wed's to go detecting there. What a first day it was. I hit the token on the left first at about 8 inches and actually dug it up and couldn't find it until i went and scanned my dirt pile .LOL The next hit was as good. The buffalo was under the tree and at about 6 inches My heart was racing at this point. Two hits in about ten minutes and no trash. Next came the Penny and then the Quarter. Moved to the back Yard and hit the old clothes line are and found the spring off an old clothes pin. That signal really fooled me on the excal but I'm gettin g good since I practiced a lot in my coin garden. Next came the two brass pieces. The one with the holes is the Flow adjuster off a gas grill. and the little nozzle is from a lawn sprayer. Then I hit under a tree and got my second nickel (Jefferson) and checked the hole to see if it was clean and got the second hit. It was the ring. Man my heart was pounding here. the stone came out shiny but the rest was all black and corroded Well the ring is just costume but still nice for a first time out and what a great time. I am going to hit it again today so we will see. The pi-cs aren't great but I will try to improve on that later. By the way the token is copper faced but very light and say Zachary Taylor 1849-1850 on one side w/his bust and the back has an eagle with a 12 and word coin and President with 3 stars on each side . Interesting piece looks like part of a collection of sorts probably not that old but still cool. wel it wont post the pic it says system full contact an admin. Will try later

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

Floater

Ok lets try this

Attachments

• ecal2.jpg
    ecal2.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 349

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds Floater

M

minelabex1000

Way to go, Floater!? I've been waiting for your postings.

I'm really excited about your finds for several reasons:

1) You're using my brand of detector.

2) You're a nice guy & intelligent (you can tell a lot about people by their postings).

3) You seem to have a great enthusiasm for this type of thing.

Thanks much!? 8)

R

rvbvetter

Very nice!! I can see how that would get the heart to pumpin. Where there's buffalos, there's silver! Is buffalo spelled like Dan Quails potatoe? Does that buffaloe have 3 or 4 legs? WTG! HHl

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Floater, Glad to see you finally got out. Seems like you're doin great! I got out to the beach for a couple hrs yesterday, and dug up a couple $$ in change (nothing old) an a silver ring! I'll talk to ya later to hook up at the beach soon! 8)

D

Darod

Well alright Dave! Way to go man! Cool stuff buddy. That buffalo is really cool! Finding the ring is exciting no matter if it's a real one or a faux/costume one!

Is this the site you were talking about taking me too this past weekend?

Rod

OP
OP
F

Floater

Thanks rod.I was pretty stoked for a first day. Yes this is one of the sites we would have been on. I wish you had made it over .We could have let the boys do the digging and my back would have been better off. LOL The wife could have hung out at the pool with Elizabeth and afterwords done a BBQ But NOOO . Just kiddin. I now have permission and have hunted another one .I am going back to this one also but wanted to sweep the second one to get a feel for it.Thanks for looking.HH

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the short time I have been in the detecting craft, I have had the opportunity to hunt 4 or 5 demolition sites and have formed an opinion. I had much rather hunt the property just before the house is torn down than afterward. With the house still intact I can tell exactly where things are situated on the property and have a better chance to search the most likely places first. After it is torn down things are scattered all over the place and there are really no "hot" spots as such. Being able to go back after the demolition has its assets too. Anything that was left inside the house, walls, beneath the foundation, etc. may now be found scattered about the lot. An example of this is marbles. I nearly always find some marbles after a demolition has taken place. I hope someday to find a box or fruitjar full of old marbles that were left in the house. Some of them can be worth big $$$ and I was a champion marble shooter when I was in grade school, so very interesting to me. I also love to find interesting artifacts even if they are not worth anything money wise. Good luck on the other sites you have located. They could keep you busy for months.

archmjr

Jan 24, 2005
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270X/Whites 6000 & 5900 Di Pro SL/CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Floater, your set for a good site with some decent finds. I love sites like this better than parks..other than war sites of course. Good luck and happy hunter.

Arch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread