Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I took Oxbowbarefoot to a few of my sites. Unfortunately not much to show. Those old farmers up in the mountains didn't leave much behind. 1798 and a 1825 LC. Few spoons a ox knob and a heel plate. I found a few heel plates usually they have a heart but this one is a bit different.

image-2736411195.jpg

Today I went down and met up with Oxbowbarefoot, Casper and Worldtalker at the "field of dreams". Was like the dust bowl down there but still had a good time. I havnt cleaned anything up yet but did manage some good stuff. Those worst shape mercury dime I've ever seen. Surprised we got the infield ID. A 43 merc, 1899 IH, 1899 v nickel, 1920 wheat. Some round balls a crotal bell some buttons and a nice little silver plated ring. The watch winder is marked MK. And the little spoon has an anchor on it. That's just what I had in my pockets. Still need to go through my bag and see what made it in there. The lighting in my house is terrible for photos and its too dark outside so I apologize for lack of quality. Thanks for the invite guys. We Should get out again soon.
Broken knee, ill catch you next time.

image-72318287.jpg

image-3439902046.jpg

image-861236728.jpg

image-1978649113.jpg

image-2243376592.jpg

image-1855913022.jpg

image-3669259758.jpg

Here's a group shot from the both days

image-4105563977.jpg

Upvote 3

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Large coppers, crotal bell, musket balls, all the stuff of a good hunt.
Very true some of those old timers just didn't have much to loose. A tough life it was.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congratsyoudidgreat-1.gif WAS GOOD TIMES HUNTING WITH YOU GUYS
WOULD DEFINITELY LIKE TO DO IT AGAIN
CONTINUED GOOD LUCK :icon_thumleft:

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats.Being my first couple of months at mding iam jealous of you guys.Everybody gets some real awesome finds.Love viewing them.HH.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely a different design on that heel plate. I have found heart, clover, plain, and star... but never seen one like that.

Cool finds!

OP
OP
Greylock

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats.Being my first couple of months at mding iam jealous of you guys.Everybody gets some real awesome finds.Love viewing them.HH.

Just keep at it and you'll dig some great stuff.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Tom! Sounds like you guys had a great time and some good guys getting together there. Been super busy with work and family stuff in the last week or so and have not spent any time on the forum (haven't even detected in several weeks now and I'm getting anxious to get out there!). Would be fun to hook up with you guys sometime in the future :)

That's a really nice heel plate. I have seen that or a similar design posted occasionally and referred to as the "octagonal" pattern although it's not really an octagon as far as I'm concerned. It's probably one of the rarer shapes found. Super find along with the rest of the items as well!

Best, Erik

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely a different design on that heel plate. I have found heart, clover, plain, and star... but never seen one like that.

Cool finds!

Funny, I have that one, and both you and Eric say this is the scarce type, I was hoping for a heart or club. Still am.

Attachments

• IMG_0869.JPG
    IMG_0869.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 84

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny, I have that one, and both you and Eric say this is the scarce type, I was hoping for a heart or club. Still am.

I have one like it too - and have seen others like it this yr on other sites - guess its getting more popular

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread