Good news for copper hoarders

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Steve: thanks for the SHOT IN THE ARM on copper hoarding. I'll show this to my wife, to answer her

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Steve: thanks for the SHOT IN THE ARM on why I am copper hoarding. I'll show this to my wife, to answer her

question on WHY am I saving copper pennies. As a small "penny stock " investment I tell her.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve, here's a short video for another POSITIVE perspective about copper...and silver....being used as "Reconstruction Materials" as manufacturing, high tech, and a broader economy based on more manufacturing done on our shores... As China didn't want any of USA's currency to pay for their finished work being sent back to the consumer's of America....they wanted scrap metals, America will need raw materials for all the internal rebuilding!

I grew up on a dry-land farm in West Texas, so experiencing and remembering how people behaved back in the 1950's to late 1960's compared to the average 18 to 45 year old, today, I can see lots of "Road Rage Stress" coming in just daily life. IF the U.S. economy does come back, it may be slower than everyone expects. With the deportation of over 3 million illegal aliens, there is going to be a hole in the workforce that "somebody" has to fill and in jobs that aren't easy.

In reality, for the last 15 years, there has been a new culture of U.S. citizens, in an increasing population size, of many who sit home and draw unemployment, free cell phones, and food EBT cards rather than work. Changing those will make many unhappy when the 5:00 a.m. alarm starts going off for five or six days a week.... Because, in the beginning when this change first hits, the "new Jobs" will be part time. That same culture will have to have several employers which will not only require them to actually work or work at a lower paying job than they are qualified to do, but the job schedules will "chop" their free time into many shorter spans.... The quality of work each employer will get will be lower as being late to work, employee turnover, and daily/weekly modifications of the work will frustrate the employer and the worker. Then when the worker is finally at home, the prime time family hours won't match the work schedules and home life with a spouse and kids' needs will not be easy, either.

But Copper should show a faster bounce up until this realization of less government social program aa more of an economy based on "There's no Free Lunch" hits. It will not just seen, but will be felt in product inventory shortages and higher, much higher finished product costs... There's going to be a lot of complications we've not even thought about as Copper prices rise....

Just an old West Texas Boy's opinion...
Bill

Last edited:
OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just save the copper brass and lead I dig as well as copper pennies. I am very "small scale" lol

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just save the copper brass and lead I dig as well as copper pennies. I am very "small scale" lol

Ditto...I'm like Steve in PA, Have not turned in Copper ,Lead, or brass in over 4 years, & Have much more that needs the Dirt Removed.

"Metal Is Money"

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got even more Now ..LOL

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the deportation of over 3 million illegal aliens, there is going to be a hole in the workforce that "somebody" has to fill and in jobs that aren't easy.

When is this going to happen? Haven't heard anything in the news lately. Besides that will only affect most of the illegals in So Cal, what about the rest of the country? ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread