good place to hunt in southern ohio/n.ky

mike78

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2008
Hiya, first of all i think this site is pretty cool. just signed up the other night (been reading for about a week) I got my first detector back in January mostly sat in the closet but now the weather is nice i got the fever. I just thought I'd post a strange discovery i found in my yard today...24 live 16Ga. shotgun shells all about 6 inches down all pointed strait down (brass end up) in the shape a swastika. are odd things like this common or is that as creepy as I thought it was?? Also if anyone that is familar with southern ohio northern kentucky could suggest a good spot i'd appreciate it, Thanks.

Mike

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Hi Mike

Southern Ohio was my stomping grounds many decades ago when I was a teenager with a BFO. I did a lot of church hunting which was alway productive.
I always felt the Marietta area was always more productive for old coins because of it's early age. I amassed quite a large cent collection at the time. I would use topo maps and just drive around looking for old foundation stones and ask the property owners for permission. But as I haven't been back in 30 years I don't know to what extent civilization has reached that section of the state.

Have Fun
George

OP
OP
M

mike78

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2008
Thanks for the info George. I had been thinking about Marietta as well because of its age...I just hope you left some stuff for me to find. I'm about to turn 30 and lived here my whole life except for a few years in the army...has grown up a little here and there but basically i think its about the same..ofcourse sometimes when you see something everyday you dont realize how much its changing.

And thanks for the welcome Dave. I'm glad you feel is a odd find too..its actually bothered me a little bit lol, probally some wierd kid with to much time on his hands

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread