ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last weekend, I noticed what I perceived to be a slight short in my Minelab Koss headphones that came with my CTX so I emailed Minelab Chicago asking if the headphones were covered under warranty. The ribbing where the wire joins the plug had parted and is where I believe a short was forming. Nadia at Minelab quickly responded that yes the headphones were covered and she would have a replacement pair sent immediately. All I had to do was provide her with my CTX's serial number. Then a few days later, the new ones are here. No fuss, no questions, no "send me the old ones", no charge.

I normally wouldn't bother to post this, but I see so many complaints in the archives, I want to give credit where its due. In a perfect world, things don't go bad and people don't make mistakes. When a company stands by its product, I like to say Thanks by telling others of my experiences. :icon_thumleft:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, that's good to know.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last weekend, I noticed what I perceived to be a slight short in my Minelab Koss headphones that came with my CTX so I emailed Minelab Chicago asking if the headphones were covered under warranty. The ribbing where the wire joins the plug had parted and is where I believe a short was forming. Nadia at Minelab quickly responded that yes the headphones were covered and she would have a replacement pair sent immediately. All I had to do was provide her with my CTX's serial number. Then a few days later, the new ones are here. No fuss, no questions, no "send me the old ones", no charge.

I normally wouldn't bother to post this, but I see so many complaints in the archives, I want to give credit where its due. In a perfect world, things don't go bad and people don't make mistakes. When a company stands by its product, I like to say Thanks by telling others of my experiences. :icon_thumleft:

Great post! Good to know!

jbc465

Sep 7, 2013
I had the same problem with my head phones with the wires in the same place close to the plug. Nadia was also very helpful getting me the new head phones. How ever I also had a short in the coil that came with the ctx about a month before. It took about a month to get a replacement coil. Which led me to purchase the small 6" coil to keep me hunting. I am still happy with Minelab.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The coils were on back order for a bit. All caught up now though!

OP
OP
ChampFerguson/TN

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I guess its time to resurrect this thread. My replacement Koss-30 headphones that I received in September died today after exhibiting the same problem the first ones had (scratchy sound indicating a short near the plug). As accessories are only warrantied for 6 months, that means I am SOL. So I stand by Minelab's handling of my initial problem, but am unhappy with the crap headphones they provide with a $2k+ machine.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my hunting buddies is on their 4th pair. Seems to be a chronic problem. If they won't warranty it, you might look into a replacement jack at your local electronics store. The right angle ones seem to hold up better.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will say this, the Koss hp don't fit right, are cheaply made, and break easily. However the sound is amazing to me. I have black widows and sunrays and can honesty say for me the Koss sound much better.

OP
OP
ChampFerguson/TN

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys. To be fair, I haven't asked Minelab to replace them since the website clearly states 6 months. And I also like the sound (I cant tell the diff from some good JVC audio phones), + they fit me Great. Very soft and block out ambient sound very well.
Will definitely do the right angle splice thing.
If the sun hadn't been so hot today, I woulda been pissed that my hunt ended early.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions