Good starter detectors

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I'm 14 and I'd like to start metal detecting. My budget is around 250 dollars. I would be hunting mainly in parks or fields. What brands are good bad and how Is the bounty hunter brand I've seen it in papers at sporting goodstores. Also is Kelly co a good websites to buy from they seem to include a lot of extras. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Treasurecoast1715

Jul 3, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I'm 14 and I'd like to start metal detecting. My budget is around 250 dollars. I would be hunting mainly in parks or fields. What brands are good bad and how Is the bounty hunter brand I've seen it in papers at sporting goodstores. Also is Kelly co a good websites to buy from they seem to include a lot of extras. Thanks!

Hey crhgymnast1,

Did you get a detector yet? I think both the Fisher F2 and Garrett Ace 250 are good starting models for the budget you are looking at. I recently got started as well. I bought from Kellyco and really liked what they had to offer. They were very helpful and friendly and really helped get me into the right machine!

OP
OP
crhgymnast1

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey crhgymnast1, we at Kellyco love to see the next generation of metal detectorists! Give me a shout directly at 888-535-5926 ext 106. I'm the sales manager here and will do what I can to help you out, I look forward to hearing from you!

Gene Knight
Director of International and Domestic Sales
Kellyco Metal Detectors

Thanks well see what happens I'm waiting for my birthday in August

leviathanrick

Mar 31, 2013
Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I purchased an Ace 350 a year and half ago. I have found over $1300.00 in gold, silver (over 100 silver coins), and clad in local parks and an old church that I was able to get permission to hunt. I believe that the key to success is spending as much time as you can with the detector and learn what it is telling you. A good pin pointer is a must! It will make your hunting much more enjoyable and effective. I think any mid priced detector will do the job if you are willing to dig enough trash until you learn the machine. Good luck. Hope to see your great finds posted!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread