Goodbye Kellyco, Hello Big Boy Hobbies!

xaveth

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2013
Southern California
I'm a n00b looking to get into metal detecting. My shopping experience began on Amazon. I started off looking at metal detectors priced at $100-$150 or so. Then, I looked at some of the more expensive models and saw the Garrett AT Pro. It was more expensive needless to say, but ohhhh it looks good and has great reviews!

Okay! Off to start my search online for the best prices. "Hey now! Kellyco offers it for a great price and they include all kinds of things! Perfect!" I placed my order, prayed that my wife wouldn't divorce me when she finds out, and that was it! ... or so I thought. The next business day I still saw no charge on my PayPal account. "Hmmm.. strange." The following day I get an email from Kellyco stating that they are out of stock. Why didn't they let me know this before I placed my order and placed a pending charge on my PayPal account?

You can read about the rest of my experience with Kellyco here and see why it was an easy decision to go with Bart at Big Boys Hobbies:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/kellyco-metal-detectors/341181-awaiting-response-kellyco.html

But long story short, I'm blown away by Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. He has top notch customer service and a willingness to work to with my needs and budget. I'm so glad I'm making my purchase with him! For all the rookies out there, don't be fooled and sucked in by the online price nor the extra freebies that are included... you might actually get a better deal, like I did, if you just ask. Let Bart know exactly what you're looking for and ask him what he can do for you. If your experience is anything like mine, you're going to be very happy that you did.

:hello2: Thank you Bart and thank you Big Boys Hobbies! :hello2:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a n00b looking to get into metal detecting. My shopping experience began on Amazon. I started off looking at metal detectors priced at $100-$150 or so. Then, I looked at some of the more expensive models and saw the Garrett AT Pro. It was more expensive needless to say, but ohhhh it looks good and has great reviews!

Okay! Off to start my search online for the best prices. "Hey now! Kellyco offers it for a great price and they include all kinds of things! Perfect!" I placed my order, prayed that my wife wouldn't divorce me when she finds out, and that was it! ... or so I thought. The next business day I still saw no charge on my PayPal account. "Hmmm.. strange." The following day I get an email from Kellyco stating that they are out of stock. Why didn't they let me know this before I placed my order and placed a pending charge on my PayPal account?

You can read about the rest of my experience with Kellyco here and see why it was an easy decision to go with Bart at Big Boys Hobbies:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/kellyco-metal-detectors/341181-awaiting-response-kellyco.html

But long story short, I'm blown away by Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. He has top notch customer service and a willingness to work to with my needs and budget. I'm so glad I'm making my purchase with him! For all the rookies out there, don't be fooled and sucked in by the online price nor the extra freebies that are included... you might actually get a better deal, like I did, if you just ask. Let Bart know exactly what you're looking for and ask him what he can do for you. If your experience is anything like mine, you're going to be very happy that you did.

:hello2: Thank you Bart and thank you Big Boys Hobbies! :hello2:

Thank you! When you deal with me you deal directly with the man.

Thanks again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions