Goodies from an old family friends home....

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Paw Paw and I went pickin' in an old falling down home that belongs to my Maw Maw's best friend. She told us we could have anything that was in the home. There is ALOT of junk everywhere, the floors rotting out and it's pretty much falling down. There were also a few old sewing machines and an old piano! I was mostly lookin for old bottles. I know alot of these aren't old but they are neat, and pretty. The perfume bottles are Avon. The glass door knobs were on the home as well. Also managed to find some old marbles...(Atleast I think they're old, Paw Paw said they were)....Enjoy!

Attachments

• bottles.jpg
    bottles.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,776
  • bottles2.jpg
    bottles2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,786
  • bottles3.jpg
    bottles3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,789
  • bottles4.jpg
    bottles4.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,780
  • bottles5.jpg
    bottles5.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,793
  • bottles6.jpg
    bottles6.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,788
  • bottles7.jpg
    bottles7.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,766
  • bottlesd8.jpg
    bottlesd8.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,785
  • bottles9.jpg
    bottles9.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,772
  • bottles10.jpg
    bottles10.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,767
  • bottles12.jpg
    bottles12.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,767
Upvote 0

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice recoveries! Yes, the glass doorknobs are getting very popular and have been going up in price for some time. The amethyst colored one is especially uncommon and hard to find. I have some of the green, wide mouth bottles myself.....kept them because I thought they looked cool.

You need to do some serious detecting around the old houses!!

Bugsterx2

Jan 29, 2011
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
I too remember those old green beer bottles. I agree the rare purple knob is a keeper! I think the old marbles are cool too! Lots of neat stuff you have there.

OP
OP
txconservative

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Diggin-N-Dumps said:
You Go Girl!! Sweet Knobs!! :) Never saw a purple one like that before :thumbsup:

Purple for Amethyst :D My birthday is next week !

OP
OP
txconservative

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
artzstuff1 said:
I have never seen that color of knob,,, thats a keeper for sure!!,,,,,nice stuff!!!
:headbang:

arthur

Well I thank ya ! It really is a beaut !

Slabman

Jan 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT, Quattro, X-Terra, Sovreign, Whites Goldmaster
Very nice finds!! I believe the purple door knob was as clear as glass when it was new. It was made before 1885 or so. The type of materials
that they used in glass was changed around that time, so most clear glass that is pre 1885 would turn purple when exposed to the sun for a
long period of time. It is a gorgeous piece!

Slab

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
Go back and look in that old piano if you didnt already, take the back off and look in it,some time money falls or is hidden in the most over looked places.HH

KyFreeBird

Mar 21, 2009
:hello: :icon_thumright: Love the lavender door knob !!!!!! Don't forget to search the walls !!!! Could be a jar of goodies hidin' in there ;D !!!!

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds....love the colors.....and your language.....PawPaw and MawMaw....haven't heard that
since I was stationed in Alabama/Georgia.....and yes, Texas. Long time ago......brings back good
memories. (Wasn't into metal detecting at the Texas time, but did a lot of fort hopping.....been into West
Texas on several weekend trips.....Did some reading on West Texas history, and so went from site to site.
Surely missed many coin sites, and many finds.....just didn't know about the hobby at that time....
in my "younger" years.)
Hope you get a second chance at that house......and I agree with the other fellow, who told you to take
your detector with you. Some interesting stuff in that ground. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
txconservative

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
hikeinmts said:
Great finds....love the colors.....and your language.....PawPaw and MawMaw....haven't heard that
since I was stationed in Alabama/Georgia.....and yes, Texas. Long time ago......brings back good
memories. (Wasn't into metal detecting at the Texas time, but did a lot of fort hopping.....been into West
Texas on several weekend trips.....Did some reading on West Texas history, and so went from site to site.
Surely missed many coin sites, and many finds.....just didn't know about the hobby at that time....
in my "younger" years.)
Hope you get a second chance at that house......and I agree with the other fellow, who told you to take
your detector with you. Some interesting stuff in that ground. :thumbsup:

Thank you very much for the reply ! =) I'm glad to have brought back some memories for ya.
I will be going back. I brought the detector with me yesterday, in the front yard lots of rocks were hauled in at once so it is very rocky under the ground...And I hate diggin with rocks !

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found an old detector in the house? ... here would be very strange. :o
It's amazing the number of years ago used the metal detectors in the USA .... here not know what they are . ;D

OP
OP
txconservative

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
HISPAN said:
Found an old detector in the house? ... here would be very strange. :o
It's amazing the number of years ago used the metal detectors in the USA .... here not know what they are . ;D

=) Yep!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions