goofiest relic find

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
LOL....FIRST TIME I HAVE READ THIS AND JUST HAD TO POST.....LAST YR WE WERE AT THE LOCAL PARK, AND I GOT A HIT ON MY XLT AT 6 INCHES...THAT IS A DEEP HOLE FOR A PARK, BUT O WELL.....WHEN I WAS DONE DIGGING I HAD A HOLE 6 INCHES DEEP AND 16 INCHES ACROSS....I JUST DUG A STEERING WILL OFF OF A 27 FORD.......THEN A MONTH LATER WE WERE AT ANOTHER PARK IN THE AREA AND LOW AND BEHOLD ANOTHER 6 INCH BY 16 INCH HOLE AND ANOTHER STEERING WHEEL......WHAT THE *hell.
HAPPY HUNTING
LGP

N

Northwoods guy

I was out in the woods relic hunting last week. I had found several of what I usually find in the woods- old rifle cartridges. My mind drifted to an odd thought, and on a hunch I whistled for my 18 month old lab pups that were playing nearby. I gave them each a scan in ID mode, and sure enough they both registered with a strong midtone in the foil-pulltab range! Those dogs will eat anything! (I hope its nothing more than some foil.)

(I'm a newbie. I will get some pics soon. I do have at least one interesting late 1800's logging worksite (camp?) location on our property. I recently found it, and will have more info when the ground thaws. Mostly iron off logging equipment.)

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've posted about them before, but I found a hot fudge sundae (near a ball field), a digital camera (in the weeds by a tree), a huge silver panther token (in the park - never been able to associate it with anything in the US) and an Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal (not THAT unusual until you realize I'm in Missouri....about 1700 miles from the Pacific Ocean and some 8000 mi from the WWII Asiatic Theatre of Ops).........

Attachments

• DQ1.jpg
    DQ1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 802
  • cybershot.jpg
    cybershot.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 780
  • panthers.jpg
    panthers.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 782
  • DQ1.jpg
    DQ1.jpg