Google Map now has street level views

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&i...p=12,14.455686358897992,,0,0.9908813041014083

This link shows a home I used to live in. You can do a 360* view of the entire neighborhood. You can even drive around the block. Very odd. Just have to wonder what kind of resources Google has to be able to put together a data base like this.

The picture is a week or two old. I looked at my current house and it showd my Christmas decorations still being outside. I took them down just after New Years.

Ray S

S

seger98

Google is a great research tool! It's gotta be the most amazing thing on the internet IMO!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ray S ECenFL said:
It does have a lot of potential for MD site research, provided that a particular location is in their database.

Ray S

I clicked on the link and couldn't figure it out ???

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
crazyjarhead said:
Ray S ECenFL said:
It does have a lot of potential for MD site research, provided that a particular location is in their database.

Ray S

I clicked on the link and couldn't figure it out ???

call up the link. You should be seeing a roof top view of a neighborhood. Be sure that you are zoomed in as far as you can go. Then pick a house and double click on it. That should take you to street level. You can then look at a 360* view by using you mouse to move the view around or follow the line in the road to move down the road.

Ray S

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that's just creepy. The pictures aren't very up to date where I was looking, but still impressive and scary!! I just wonder if they just pieced together HD sat images to make the 360 view, or if there were actually people driving around with 360 cameras...

Bran <><

K

Kentucky Kache

If this were available in all areas it would be a great cache hunting tool.

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Cache Crazy said:
If this were available in all areas it would be a great cache hunting tool.

I have heard from a lot of people that they are unable to get to the street level view. It would appear that all the neighborhoods were not photographed and only those who had been 'visited' appear on the database.

Kind of spooky for sure. I checke out my mothers house and it (like mine) still shows the Christmas decorations being up. So I can assume that the visit happened some time during December because that is when the decorations were put up. This may not apply to all the houses, just the two that I looked at in Florida.

HH

Ray S

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
I looked at my house and saw a picture of my son staring at the car driving by taking the picture. I was under the car he was standing next to doing some maintenance. Kind of freaky.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread