artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out yesterday late afternoon with my daughter's md to an old dump I found in the woods near my house. On previous trips, I'd found some neat old bottles and farm equipment. In any event, the woods were dark and very quiet, but as I started to look around, the breeze started to pick up and I kept imagining sounds like footsteps rustling the leaves and twigs breaking, and a gentle tapping sound. Today, of course, I know it was a woodpecker, but in the fading light of the woods, the tiny hairs on the back of my neck were standing on end, and I had goosebumps on my arms. I had the feeling that I was being watched. I stayed for all of twenty minutes. Kept feeling like, as my grandmother used to say, there was a goose walking on my grave. I started to walk back to the car, and all the way there, I found myself turning my head, like someone was behind me. It was very weird. I found 2 more bottles-clear with WB Millville on the bottom and, a strange find in my neck of the woods, a conch shell that looks as if it's been in the woods for quite some time. I took it home and put it in my garden. Hope the ghost doesn't mind! ;)

Upvote 0

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's the creepiest feeling..that's happened to me also.

If you're in the woods, especially in unfamiliar territory, it's a good idea to take someone with you, or just avoid areas you're not comfortable being in.

Stay safe,
Nat

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Natman said:
If you're in the woods, especially in unfamiliar territory, it's a good idea to take someone with you

Mr. Smith or Mr. Wesson would make good travel buddies in the woods. I hear ya on the feeling. Once a person is spooked, it gets spookier as the minutes go by. Everything becomes related to the weird feeling.

detectordave

Apr 6, 2005
Ann Arbor Meechigan
Detector(s) used
DFX WITH DX-1 PROBE AND XLT WITH XL-1 PROBE
I had the exact same happen at an old school house I was detecting. Was kinda half buried in woods. I didn't stay too long either. Its kinda creepy and exciting all at the same time. I think Ive seen too many bigfoot stories on TV. I gotta say though, ghost, bigfoot, armed robbers, they ain't gittin my change!!!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
put the shell to youe ear and listen closly --what do you hear?

D

deep fried deer

I used to work at a Boy Scout Camp a few years ago. and EVERY TIME I would walk down the gravel road to a distant campsite I would get a chill through my entire body at the same place. A serious hard to ignore chill. then when I would get further down the path it would pass. After working there for a few years I decided to take a group of scouts past this spot, and I asked them before I started walking to TELL me when they got a chill.

All at once when we got to the spot EVERYONE FROZE and said NOW.

We searched around the areas and found a broken flagpole in the woods dedicated to a falled scout from many years ago. We told the camp ranger about the pole and eventually someone fixed it, and the feeling has never happened again when I pass that spot.

OP
OP
artemis moon

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ivan,

I think if I put that shell to my ear, I would end up with ants eating my brain-that shell was infested with em!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
good karma--- the "ghost" likes you now and is happy --he has a freind that did something good for "him"---maybe he was "saying" I want my flag pile fixed--Ivan

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
maybe the ants were living in the shell to keep it from being "moved" most folks picking up a ant infested object out in the woods would put it back down right?---Ivan

OP
OP
artemis moon

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If whoever really didn't want me to move the shell, they would have infested it with spiders-ants are my friends. ::)

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
artemis moon said:
If whoever really didn't want me to move the shell, they would have infested it with spiders-ants are my friends. ::)

I would be careful in spots like that. I have never experienced anything like that while detecting, but I have done some amateur ghost hunting and have heard from several people that spirits don't like to have their resting place disturbed.

HOWEVER, trash pits can yield some great finds!!

Just remember, if you get pushed by something invisible (and I have been), run like hell!!!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main thing makes people go into shock or panic in situations were your alone in the dark and scared is.....Your own Mind! What happens from shock and panic? Coma, stroke, heart failure, panic attacks, shortness of breath, confusion, deliriousness, grittiness or the giggles. The best thing to do when you alone like this is think only in reality. The sounds you hear are allot of the times bugs, birds, and other small animals. Large Animals and people are obviously much louder. Keep your heads togeather, ghosts and spokes? Come on how likely is that ? Don't get me wrong I think ghosts and spokes are real, but they can't do much of anything to you and if you ignore them they do the same. The wind and weather well, thats just the wind and weather....

Keep @ it and HH!!

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
i can just about promise you that it wasn't ghosts or spooks you were hearing in the woods........ ghosts don't break twigs when they walk lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions