guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got a newer Sov Gt Today ,I usually beach hunt , but the unit came with a 8 in coinsearch coil . looks like its never been used . Just wondering if i should keep it or sell it .....I really don't know the advantage of this coil other than better target separation ,hunting in trashy areas ... like parks and tot lots ,,, Guzz1

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a GT also and it is better in the dry sand than the Excal I think because you can hunt is true all metal with silent search or with it. Change freq if there are other hunters near by. Iron mask on or off, use Black Widow headphones. It handles the wet great too but you just have to watch getting it wet. Why not just get a larger coil for it. Something like a 15 WOT.

Attachments

• Sovereign GT.jpg
    Sovereign GT.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 226
  • Sovereign GT.jpg
    Sovereign GT.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 225
OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
I do have the stock 10in coil , Im using that now .. Maybe I will sell the 8in and go to a 12in.
Thanx .. guzz1

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
best detector money can buy! get the Sun Ray S12 coil and you are set!

gary in idaho

May 7, 2008
That 8" CoinSearch is a great coil, it's not waterproof though. If you can afford to keep it I would, they are getting hard to find in nice condition. They have great depth and seperation.

sandsifter

Dec 14, 2007
Rockport Texas
Detector(s) used
SOV GT, EXCAL 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For beach hunting take sandmans advice get the 15" WOT from coil tech. I keep my 8" for trashy areas at the beach also better around benches ect.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
I have a GT also and it is better in the dry sand than the Excal I think because you can hunt is true all metal with silent search or with it. Change freq if there are other hunters near by. Iron mask on or off, use Black Widow headphones. It handles the wet great too but you just have to watch getting it wet. Why not just get a larger coil for it. Something like a 15 WOT.
I ordered a Sun Ray C-12 coil for my GT have you used that yet ? i still have not decided on head phones Jim

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Thats the coil I want is Jim .. Guzz

UncleTom

Jun 3, 2006
SEABROOK TEXAS
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I and II, CTX-3030, Equinox 600, X-terra 70,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dixie Digger said:
best detector money can buy! get the Sun Ray S12 coil and you are set!
Dixie, I still have the GT and Sun Ray S12 coil I got from you, And it loves beach Gold! It is the hot setup.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread