Got banned from my dump bank..

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Last week the asst mgr helped me dump $1000 in the counter and no less than 5 times told me it was fine. Well today when I go pick up 2 boxes at my draw bank, the teller tells me she has been told to let me know I can't use the other branch as a dump anymore. The manager there called her and told her to relay that to me. Sooooo.. I drove over to speak with this manager. I told her I had no problem if it messed up her machine or caused them problems, and that the ast mgr told me it was OK. She appologized and said the bags were to heavy for halfs. I told her that was fine, but what really ticked me off is that they had the nerve to call a teller and have them relay the message instead of calling me. She said she guessed they did handle that wrong. So I carried $1000 in halfs to the counter and had them count them. Then I let them know they wouldn't see me again. I was told that the counters were made for smaller amounts... So...the smart a$$ in me is thinking about making 1000 uses of it for 1 cent each then taking them 1000 receipts to be cashed in.

BTW my origional Draw teller told me to just bring them back to her and she would take them no problem, and would order me free rollers. I think the donuts every friday I take them have something to do with that.

Upvote 0

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I do the same thing and they treat me like gold!!! They did stop a guy who was ordering at one bank and dumping at another branch. That is a no-no

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
Hi Ho Silver! said:
I do the same thing and they treat me like gold!!! They did stop a guy who was ordering at one bank and dumping at another branch. That is a no-no

thats how i did it and the dump said no more. but if you bring it back the pick up bank what will they do with it?

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I learned early on the hard way not to pick up and dump at another branch of the same bank.
HH
Rich

OP
OP
kd5txx

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
The branches are about 3 miles apart. Now understand my problem is that they didn't have the nerve to call me. Instead they told someone to tell me. I have asked repeatedly if it was alright and was told yes.

OP
OP
kd5txx

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Oh well. Only reason I used it was it is the ONLY one near with a counting machine.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Rich Hartford said:
I learned early on the hard way not to pick up and dump at another branch of the same bank.
HH
Rich
My bestest dump Bank (don't hit them too often), is branch of same Bank as pickup at but it is 54 miles away in fact in another Fed district- no complaints yet; but have diversified banks in last few weeks trying to NOT keep any ca$h in them at all if can avoid it, keeping most below $100 other than the dump credits which draw out quickly.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Guess im lucky with my location in westchester. I belong to a credit union whose machines take plenty before filling up and they have 7 locations with machines. There are also plenty of TD machines in westchester , CT,PA and Jersey that i visit on my trips. I have also joined plenty of banks and have kept logs on which ones are someone elses dump banks that i will dump at also.

Kauka

Apr 22, 2010
I'll have to pay attention at my banks
The couple of branches of banks that I've bugged have all told me "no" with ordering halves
Still looking for some that will in my area
The "No" responses in my area have come from BOA and Capital One

HH y'all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread