Got Gold, Silver And A "ZIPPO" Today!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Got Gold, Silver And A "ZIPPO" Today!

flashliteandcoins2.jpg

Had to work today, but snuck out early. I hadn't tried the Garrett Stinger yet in the dirt, so today was the day. I hit a couple of schools, for about 2 hours today. The ZIPPO lighter was dug up along with a dozen coins yesterday after work with the GTI 2500. They were still in my loot bag, so I included them also. The flashlight was in the bushes, right beside the main entrance to a high school.

I was very surprised to see that the ring was not silver. I actually thought it might be a nitro, but when I got home, I grabbed my jewellers magnifying glass, and was just stunned to see 10K! And a cluster of stones to boot. The silver dime was found at a school nearby. It was also a real surprise, as silver coins don't show up in these newer schools as a general rule. Oh well, my inner hog was released today. Winter is officially over in Edmonton. :thumbsup:

Below is a pic of my better finds cleaned, polished and photographed.

Attachments

• coin ring (2).jpg
    coin ring (2).jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 363
  • coin ring (2).jpg
    coin ring (2).jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 357
Upvote 0

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Re: Got Gold, Silver And A "ZIPPO" Today!

That ring looks great!!

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

detector dave said:
Love the finds I have a question? when did Canada quit using silver in coins? the US quit in 1964. The ring you found are the dimonds real?

1968 was the last year we had silver coins. We had both silver and clad that year. I dodn't know if the diamonds are real. I hope so :icon_sunny:

John.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't know if you would want to or not, but if you send the Zippo back they'll fefurbish it to almost new. A friend told me about the lifetime warranty, and to be a smart donkey I sent in one dug at the beach. The cotton was turned to goo and the hinge pin was almost gone. Broke when I cleaned it. Believe it or not they sent it back with new guts a new spark wheel and flint, cotton & wick. They even shined it up better than I could've. Was I ever shocked to see a company stand behind their lifetime warranty 101%!!!!

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Since your Zippo was made in Canada it will have to be sent to Zippo Canada to be fixed. Here are the instructions:
http://www.zippocanada.com/repairs.php

I am from close to Bradford PA home of Zippo USA. Its a great product!

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil

beauty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread