Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Everyone,

When I first asked what to expect to find if I tried detecting logging trails, everyone said, lots of iron, horse shoes, horse tack, etc. Well, I didn't find too much of that, but I did find some other stuff. Not quite what I expected...

Here is a summary of my recent finds. The Pocket Knife was found yesterday. It has a pearl type outer shell. I can't quite make out the make on it though, any help is appreciated.
Pocket Knife.jpg Pocket Knife 2.jpg Pocket Knife 3.jpg

These are my finds from today. A friend suggested I try some logging trails that aren't too far from home. I must say, the poison ivy and mosquitoes were thick, but I never thought I'd find this...

Logging Trail Finds 2.jpg Rubber Tin.jpg

I Googled it... Yes, a Circa 1928-1932 Condom Tin. Someone was getting down and dirty on the logging trail back in the day! I laughed so hard and was in disbelief I found this. It really did make my day. I didn't even know they had these mass produced back then!

Another awkward shell casing I found the other day, but this was right in town next to main street. A 40-82 Caliber shell. Very close to a 45-70. From what I understand, these guns never really took off, and weren't made for too long, so I was very surprised to find the shell casing. 40-82 Shell.jpg

And finally, I found a Bottle Opener and some old shotgun shells and a couple of .22 Shells. Logging Trail Finds.jpg From what I understand, Peters was bought out in the 30's by Remington. It's cool to see such detail put into the shot shells back then, something you don't see too much anymore.

I also found some clad and a 1958 Wheatie, but they weren't handy when I had my phone on me for pics.

I must say, overall, I'm very surprised with my recent finds. I might not have hit silver, but I still feel like I got "Lucky".

Take Care and Happy Hunting!

Ron

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some unique finds! Congrats! I do like the condom case. Definitely worth putting in a shadow box on the coffee table. Awesome conversation piece! LoL

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds, looks like a good hunt to me!!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt! We find a lot of those Three Merry Widows around the WWI camp and old homesites. Those three ladies sure got around:icon_scratch:

Wayne

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread