Got me down on my luck today

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seems like my luck recently as well, but i only do 2-4 boxes a week.
hope next pickup changes all that! any of your coins back?

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats because of the large dumps you do all at one place and with in a few days up to $40.000 cut your boxes back and go out more for your pick ups. I know your dumping out aways now you have to give it a chance. Or you can start doing copper pennys and pre 1960 nickels!! Happy hunting big guy

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't had this happen in a few months. While this past month has been horrendously painful in terms of finds, today sealed the deal. I searched 24 boxes of half dollars today, every single one was a skunk. I hope this turns around fast.

I would seriously start looking at pennies. You will get a pre 1982 out of just one box maybe even a wheat or two.

Last edited:
OP
OP
crhstreetwalker

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
any of your coins back?

All of them. It's sick, you should see the **** I get back.

I would seriously start looking at pennies. You will get a pre 1982 out of just one box maybe even a wheat or two.

It sounds tempting, it does. I think I might **** myself if I were to find a copper penny or a pre-1960 nickel. I might even hit the jackpot and find a war nickel or two!

Last edited:

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
Agree with timzim. Either cut volume back which will give your dumps a chance to disperse or either start dumping or picking up in another district. Higher volume is only better if you are doing the necessary things to accommodate. I do a moderate volume of 20-30 per week.

Last edited by a moderator:

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Try your best to dump in brinks and pick up from loomis or the other way around. Although, that's probably not possible with your volume.

OP
OP
crhstreetwalker

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I've already ran 64 boxes 100 miles away out of the County over the last two weeks, and I would know if I'm getting those dumps back or not. So far nothing. I'm planning to do this again on Thursday, and once a week for a while to thin the heard out. It has made no difference in my results yet.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRHSW you just have to wait until they dump more silver into the boxes. You could be going through dumps from a decade ago.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take half of what i do every week to ac thats 120 miles away. And its working for me very well. I did order 2 boxes in ac this week why not??

OP
OP
crhstreetwalker

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
CRHSW you just have to wait until they dump more silver into the boxes. You could be going through dumps from a decade ago.

I'm going through my own dumps. I know this because I've marked my dumps to track them.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea did you or not?? PLEASE make up your mind?? How do you mark your coins can you post a pic??? We would like that.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've already ran 64 boxes 100 miles away out of the County over the last two weeks, and I would know if I'm getting those dumps back or not. So far nothing. I'm planning to do this again on Thursday, and once a week for a while to thin the heard out. It has made no difference in my results yet.

This.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CSW, I'm sorry to hear that man! hey, I think I got one of your coins the other day, it had in in red marker, the relatively small initials "CSW". Must be you right?

Honestly all these suggestions are good. Halves circulate from CRH to bank, and back, with minor inputs from silver droppers. What you're doing is running the pump so fast, that minor input seems like nothing. If that's the case, you'd probably find the same amount of silver if you did 1/4 of the amount of boxes. How many boxes a week are you doing these days? what have your finds in the last few months been like?

HH

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Halves circulate from CRH to bank, and back, with minor inputs from silver droppers. What you're doing is running the pump so fast, that minor input seems like nothing. If that's the case, you'd probably find the same amount of silver if you did 1/4 of the amount of boxes.

HH

This is precisely what I was thinking. Silver has not been in these boxes for 30 years, its dumped in at various times as the cash vault mixes bags, CWRs, CRHer dumps and boxes them. Then the batch is good. If there is none or very little CWR input into the system your silver take will drop off accordingly and you will see all dumps. It would be interesting to see if CRHSW suddenly receives a box with 500 of his dumps and also a load of silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread