Got my first 2 cent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woody420

Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
Prizm II -Prizm 6T
Got out today with the 6T in a new spot that I though might hold some oldies......Well I was right!!! Lots of garbage but kept digging...then got a mid 60's VDI that sounded good. That's when I got my FIRST 2 CENT-er!!!!!!! [cool] [cool] 1864!!! [cool] [cool] I believe its the Large Motto Var. But if I am wrong someone please let me know. Then next I found the Button. Couldn't believe the way its cleaning up. The back mark is tough to read..gonna take awhile to get it to show. Any info on the button would be great. Then I found the 1880 IH!! Man was I happy about these finds...Lots of more ground to cover at this location. Also in the pic...a lantern piece, winder key, cool suspender thing, boy scout medal, and some whatsits.

Thanks for looking and HH Woody420

DSC03694.jpg

DSC03689.jpg

DSC03687.jpg

DSC03688.jpg

DSC03691.jpg

DSC03701.jpg

DSC03692.jpg

Upvote 0

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Woody, you're on here too?!?! Not enough action on the White's forum sometimes, so, like to browse here too. Congrats again on the two center. Found mine about 2 months ago. Only an inch under the soil. An 1864. Good work. Now let's plan a hunt for us NJ & NY peeps.....

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
ill give you my 2 cents worth!!! (I HAVENT FOUND ONE YET) thats totaly awesome woody and a nice button to boot. willy.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats that 2 center is a beauty.

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Congrats on a rare find!
That sure looks like a sweet spot.
Mike

Scottso

May 8, 2009
long island new york
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75se, Minelab Excalibur, Minelab etrac, Tesoro sand shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice i just got my first 2 cent piece a few days ago.

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
Congrats and ATA-BOY for the first! Very nice assortment of finds there. Looks like there's some good possibilities at that site.

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 2 center is in AWESOME shape! mine was all crusted over. >:( . Yours is a gem.

kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG man,

That 2 center is sweet. I found my first and only one last year and it looks like it was put on a train track. Just enough of it left to tell what it was.
I think these are some of the cooler US coins. Sounds like you have a great spot.

HH, Don

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sure is a SWEEEEEET coin, I hope to come across one of those someday!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread