Got my Tiger Shark back from Tesoro...........

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to send in my back up detector to Tesoro because it wouldn't Ground Balance and was unstable. I got it back today all fixed and recalibrated to the ten inch coil. Has a blue set of earphones now instead of the black ones. They replaced some guts too so I had to test it a few minutes ago in my garden. All works well and it still picks up the gold chain stretched out 2" down. It is the only detector that consistantly makes a sound on it. Excal makes a iffy sound that I would normally ignore.

Now I will probably drop it on the driveway.

Attachments

• Tiger Shark box (WinCE).jpg
    Tiger Shark box (WinCE).jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 344
OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ian, it arrived July 11 Th. and was shipped July 26 Th. Times would vary of course according to how many they have to repair ahead of you.

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
mine did the same thing at coco beach at the expo! call me at 704 878 0888 if you have time. if no answer i will call you back. mine seems to work fine in all metal fast, slow and disc. but i could not get the first sound trying to ground balance in salt mode. sounded like a cat having its guts cut out, i am a cat lover................when i started a slow search pattern in salt mode. it would pick up a bottle cap but only just under the surface. 4 inches deep it would only just grawl no beep, quack nothing. any help? thank you. i have enjoyed you post from day one. ben ps it will ground ballance fine at my house. just found a 99 penny at 6 inches deep. bugs ate my butt. thanks again! ???

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Sandman, it sounds like the Tiger Shark would be a good water detector? It also sounds like Tesoro themselves, back their products well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread