Pic002.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 254
Upvote 0

David from Suffolk

Aug 17, 2005
Suffolk Virginia
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 / Excailbur II /Quattro/ Tesoro Tejón
Glad to see you getting all that junk out of the way TB. Summer is on the way and it will get nothing but better. See you in the lane.

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
u have not seen anything yet.............

get ready

i do really like that unit .....................man................am i getting the urge again??

here are a few pics of your future in va beach............and i left out the rings and watches that u are going to find toooo

Attachments

• PILOOT2003sm.jpg
    PILOOT2003sm.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 254

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heck, i forgot the most important question

how did your scoop work out...............u said 2ft .............that is a good sign it worked ok, but u can now get a grip on just how important a strong scoop will have to be

keep us posted, i might see u sat.................weather sounds very b l e a k as i know u already know

good luck

OP
OP
T

tb

Mar 24, 2005
The scoop worked pretty good. I need to round out the blade some and put a bigger diameter handle on there 1" or 1 1/4". It bent ever so slightly above the support. I might make a smaller one in the weeks to come, this one is about 6" diameter by 11", and I can tell you I'm sore this morning from lifting that sucker out of those wetsand holes! I haven't weighed it , but I'm guessing between 8 and 10 lbs. I'm gonna definitely shoot for Sun. don't know about today,

tb

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alot of scoop makers slide a piece of wooden dowl down into the shaft (handle part) for support

if u noticed, on my monster scoop has 1" handle................i added red heater hose, really helped

the alum. one is 1-1/4"

i am heading down now..................hope the weather does not get me...........no rain yet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread