Got some kids involved

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
Cynangyl and I went out for a few hours today and meet a couple kids who came to the school to play. Instead they were digging up the coins we found and caught on fast. We both love getting new people, especially kids, involved. The whole 30 minutes we spent with the kids made our day. and they got to keep the coins. They got 7-pennies
2-nickels
2-quarters
And we got
25-pennies
2-nickels
18-dimes
3-quarters
1-Kennedy 1/2 dollar
I do not have a camera to post what we found, but watching those kids made the day

Upvote 0

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what a great thing you did, I love to see kids find coins with detectors it is fulfilling. Congrats on the half, I don't see those at all around here.

OP
OP
drywalldave

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
txkickergirl said:
what a great thing you did, I love to see kids find coins with detectors it is fulfilling. Congrats on the half, I don't see those at all around here.
Thanks, the boy was very excited and a metal detector was high on his list for wants. I'm sure when we hit that area again those two will be there

billybobber57

Jan 3, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Great thing you did, taking time with the kids. We should all take the time to do the same whenever we can.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol yeah...they were talking about wanting roller blades when they got there...by the time they left they wanted metal detectors.....oh and roller blades too! ;D

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
drywalldave said:
txkickergirl said:
Thanks, the boy was very excited and a metal detector was high on his list for wants. I'm sure when we hit that area again those two will be there
They're probably there right now ;D Nice Job to the both of you!!!!HH!!!

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Dave and Cyn. WTG guys.

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really enjoy it when the kids (the nice well-mannered ones) come around to get a closer look at what I'm doing at the schools..I made friends with Kyle, who introduced me to his friends Brooke and Devin, and then there's Nicholas at another school..it was a pleasure talking with them and answering their questions. Kyle thought the coil was a magnet and that's why it "picked up" coins..trying to explain how it actually worked was a challenge..

Nice going, I'm sure you made their day and gave them something to remember.

HH,
Nat

OP
OP
drywalldave

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
Natman said:
I really enjoy it when the kids (the nice well-mannered ones) come around to get a closer look at what I'm doing at the schools..I made friends with Kyle, who introduced me to his friends Brooke and Devin, and then there's Nicholas at another school..it was a pleasure talking with them and answering their questions. Kyle thought the coil was a magnet and that's why it "picked up" coins..trying to explain how it actually worked was a challenge..

Nice going, I'm sure you made their day and gave them something to remember.

HH,
Nat
Thanks It is good to get the kids involved Again their our future

P

Pentico

Hum the human side of the hobby!
A post like yours makes my day!
Nat put it very well and I quote "I'm sure you made their day and gave them something to remember."
Good day for all.
2ColoNuts

OP
OP
drywalldave

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
2ColoNuts said:
Hum the human side of the hobby!
A post like yours makes my day!
Nat put it very well and I quote "I'm sure you made their day and gave them something to remember."
Good day for all.
2ColoNuts
Thanks Whats the going rate for snow got a bunch about 15 miles from here, and more expected

wyattrr

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was really cool, you might have given them a new outlet. You might be competing with them over undug coins in the future...who knows. HH

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
WTG Dave on your finds and taking time for teaching the kids about MD'ing.
Last summer the same thing happened to myself a few times while detecting last year,when I'm out and there are kids around more than often they will come over to see what i am doing. After a few minutes of explaining they'll want to try it and see if they could find something theirselves...which i have no problems with,and your right about it making your day..just seeing them having fun finding things can make an outing very enjoyable regardless of going home empty handed.

HH
Shawn

OP
OP
drywalldave

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
wyattrr said:
That was really cool, you might have given them a new outlet. You might be competing with them over undug coins in the future...who knows. HH
I would not mind competing with them. That would be fun

OP
OP
drywalldave

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
UnEarthed72 said:
WTG Dave on your finds and taking time for teaching the kids about MD'ing.
Last summer the same thing happened to myself a few times while detecting last year,when I'm out and there are kids around more than often they will come over to see what i am doing. After a few minutes of explaining they'll want to try it and see if they could find something theirselves...which i have no problems with,and your right about it making your day..just seeing them having fun finding things can make an outing very enjoyable regardless of going home empty handed.

HH
Shawn
Yea, these two did not want to try the detector, they just wanted to dig, and dig they did

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its alwys great to have well mannered, really intrested kids talk to you! You did a great thing getting them intrested!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread