Got spanked today also

whispers

Jan 1, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
dfx
Well actually was two days ago, By a new hunting buddy who has done quite well ,well before I introduced him to my favorite haunts.We were at an old fairground and having been there several, mabey 6,times myself w/o much to show for it I felt it safe to show him.We started out slow then split up for an hour then rejoined. He concentrated on main fairgrounds as I went off on an access path ascending a ravine to plateau.I found an old dump and got distracted picking old bottles More than detecting but still came back up with 20 newer pennies 2 wheats 52d 57d,and a bucket full of old bottles,jars creamers ,an old kerosine can that looked alot like a coffee pot.After giving my buddy the last item mention upon our rejoining, and out of sympathy more than friendship,It started to rain a bit then stopped.I mentioned to him an overlooking hill had trees that didn't seem more than 45 years old and we should try the hill as people may have sat on it to view festivities possibly??Well.... 4 coronet large cents later.All his finds. 1831,1826,1822 and 1820. me 0 , I was beginning to enjoy the stats better when the 0 was on his side. It was still great as he let me "double check" depth and quarter readings before he dug.I was just not over the coins like he, as my machines depth readings corrected his on all 4 ocassions. And agreed as well wtith quarter readings.Will followup with pics.Time elapsed between his 1st and last cent was about 40 mins.

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HMMMM...do I hear a little bitterness here? :D

Those are some awesome finds your friend made! And where's the pics!!!

Would also love to see the pics of the bottles too!!!

Nana ;)

OP
OP
W

whispers

Jan 1, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
dfx
I was trying my best not to sound to bitter..Hope It doesn't mean I'm a poor sport?? Seriously I was happy for him as I've been there before without much success.I'm still a bit in shock I guess ...Those odds seem to me a bit on the astronomical side..

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh now i know what you ment !!! well you got flogged not spanked(aka owned)

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't feel bad...i, in 4r years of detecting, have yet to get an 1800's coin...you people here mention indians like they're nothing....hope to get some soon

-GC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread