Got the Quattro last night and took it out for a test run...impressive detector!

fllawboy

Feb 19, 2008
Weston, Florida
Detector(s) used
White MXT/Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just received my Quattro last night and took it for a test run in the back yard. The yard has been hit heavily by me with the MXT and Silver Umax. I really had no idea what I was doing with the Quattro as it is "a little bit" different than the MXT and Silver, but I quickly scanned the owner's manual figured out the basics and gave it a shot. :icon_study: I have to say the Quattro impressed me. Once I got used to its music I was good to go. On my third signal, the first one I decided to dig, as I knew the prior two were foil from my previous use of the MXT and Silver in that part of the yard, I dug the signal. About 5 1/2" inches down I found a rusted clip of some sort. I scratched my head as the Quattro was telling me there was a coin down there, most likely copper. I checked the hole again and sure enough I got the signal again, only stronger. I scooped out the hole further and there it was, a 1952D wheat penny! :icon_sunny: It was about 2 1/2 to 3" beneath the rusted clip! I only had about 20 minutes to test the Quattro out, but I consider it a successful test. I cannot imagine what damage I will do when I actually know how to use the machine fully!! The biggest difference I have noticed so far from the MXT and the Silver is that the swing speed needs to be much slower, but that is not a big deal, as slowing down the swing speed makes me think more about my technique. It is also a little bit on the heavy side compared to the Silver! ;D I cannot wait to try the Quattro out on the beach! :icon_thumright: I started reading Andy Sabisch's book last night, as I have seen that it is highly recommended. Any additional advice for a Quattro newbie would be appreciated.

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions