FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope I like it ... I will be selling my beachunter ID that is only two months old. I really liked the machine other than the floating coil, and couldn't see spending $300.00 to upgrade to the 12", so I decided on the Excalibur II after much research.

Like any machine good & bad reviews but more good than bad so here goes, learning another machine. I have already found 15 rings to date, so maybe I will be able to add to the list.

Picture140.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on the new Excal. Don't let the tones on it frustrate you, you will learn them. I have the old excal and I still love it. :thumbsup: I haven't heard of enough difference to justify my selling or trading my old excal for it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will soon love the Excal. Just let the detector ignore the iron targets and sound off on the rest. The tones are not as important as the way the sound starts and stops. You will soon learn some differences in the sounds with a test of targets on the surface. Note that large iron pieces will still sound off. Keep the disc very low and dig all signals.

OP
OP
FloridaBill

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys sandman good advice some of which I already had thank you. I plan on digging all targets anyway since there are few in the water. Me and a million others guys have it clean ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread